cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn’t sent out message but my account usage show 7 message?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,today morning from9:00 to 13:30,I didn’t sent any message from my phone and also I didn’t make a call 6********1,but from usesage history I found 7 times destinations is 47463,could you please help me to solve this problem,even I couldn’t find any message and phone call during 9:00 till now from my phone ,I am so scares tomorrow my phone account usage comes another 10message,please help me.

Edited by ShawnC to remove phone number for privacy reasons

17 REPLIES 17

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like everything is set up ok for you now.

Just to let you know in case you want to use messages as SMS, we also had several messages to 47463 during the first several days (20 in total as i recall) & then it stopped & none since.

As others mentioned, if you are limited (i.e. on the 50text plan) & are close to going over you can contact the mod's using instructions above to reinstate them.  Fortunately, my daughter has been quite careful & didn't use them all that month or any subsequent month since. 

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi krazykiwi

Thanks for the help !

You are welcome. I hope this has answered your questions and all is working for you.

Jackhyf63

Hi krazykiwi

Thanks for the help !

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi krazykiwi

thanks sent iMessage set up photo for me ,it’s easy for me to understand,but iam just wondering why we should turn on iMessage to green?

Imessge turned on will allow the device to send messages while on wifi and not use up any allotted text messages in the process.

This is useful if you do not have unlimited text messages in you plan. This also applies to the phone using facetime to make phone calls while on wifi, this will not use your plan call minutes.

Jackhyf63

Hi krazykiwi

thanks sent iMessage set up photo for me ,it’s easy for me to understand,but iam just wondering why we should turn on iMessage to green?

@mcs11 wrote:

I’m not sure if those texts are specifically to set up iMessage or iCloud — I assumed it was iMessage but I have seen some threads that say it’s for iCloud. Regardless, to turn on iMessage again you need to go to your iPhone settings > messages, and then turn the iMessages toggle back to green.

A475CA02-1BFE-44CE-8170-5DD33B8B1E92.jpeg

It is for registering iMessage using your icloud, icloud would have had to been already set up.

mcs11

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi mcs11

thanks for the help,you told me about iPhone 6s iMessage set up,i already turn off iMessage when I first day got message from 474663,can you show me how to do for iMessage set up?

I’m not sure if those texts are specifically to set up iMessage or iCloud — I assumed it was iMessage but I have seen some threads that say it’s for iCloud. Regardless, to turn on iMessage again you need to go to your iPhone settings > messages, and then turn the iMessages toggle back to green.

A475CA02-1BFE-44CE-8170-5DD33B8B1E92.jpeg

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi kyazykiwi

thanks gave me lots information,I don’t know how to set up iMessage from iPhone,I just turn off (from green to black)iPhone iMessage ,is that correct?

Do you want to set it up or turn it off? Setting iMessage from green to black will turn it off for that device. If you want to turn it back on after turning it off that takes a few more steps. Let me which you want to do.

Jackhyf63

Hi kyazykiwi

thanks gave me lots information,I don’t know how to set up iMessage from iPhone,I just turn off (from green to black)iPhone iMessage ,is that correct?

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi mcs11

thanks for the help,you told me about iPhone 6s iMessage set up,i already turn off iMessage when I first day got message from 474663,can you show me how to do for iMessage set up?

Are you trying to set it up again on the phone with limited text?

Jackhyf63

Hi mcs11

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi ShawnC thanks for quick reply,I am just open the publicmobile on Friday ,could you please help me how to solve this problem!

I use the iPhone 6, As mentioned this is normal for iPhones when set up and on ios update and there is nothing to be concerned about. If the text are critical and you would like them back you may try sending a message to the mods ad politely explaining what as happened. 

You may notice these text fro the first couple of days then they will stop.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

mcs11

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Hi,today morning from9:00 to 13:30,I didn’t sent any message from my phone and also I didn’t make a call 6********1,but from usesage history I found 7 times destinations is 47463,could you please help me to solve this problem,even I couldn’t find any message and phone call during 9:00 till now from my phone ,I am so scares tomorrow my phone account usage comes another 10message,please help me.

@Jackhyf63  When I set up my kid's iPhone 6s a couple of months ago here on Public Mobile, I noticed many texts to 474663 in the first couple of days as iMessage set itself up. Once set up, however, there were no more texts. Then about a week ago I downloaded the latest version of IOS -- there were about 5 more texts until iMessage was set up again.  In summary, I do think this is a short-term problem, but you can still contact the mods to see if these count against your monthly total. I didn't worry about it since we're on an unlimited text plan.

Jackhyf63

Hi ShawnC thanks for quick reply,I am just open the publicmobile on Friday ,could you please help me how to solve this problem!

Jackhyf63

Thanks for quick reply,I use iPhone 6,so could you please help me how to solve this problem?i am so scare tomorrow another 10 message coming to my account.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@Jackhyf63

The most common issue is both iPhones (imessage) and Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone. I use android not Iphone so not sure how to disable that. But as for Andriod you can remove texting permissions from the “Dialer” app.

There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. Since your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these message

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Did you just activate your account?  Or restart your phone?  I have heard where iPhones iMessage and Androids dialer will send messages back and forth to set themselves up and this has happened on phone restarts as well from what I have read.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.