cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant send or receive a pic via text

jdelgadocruz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have a alcatel one touch phone $25/mos plan.  I used to be able to take a pic on my phone and send it via text to someone else, or they send me a text with a pic, now my phone says it failed or fails error etc... does any one know what happened? wondering if my phone is broken or a system issue...

16 REPLIES 16

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tammyt76 even if you dont have data you need to set your apn settings to send mms.

the g4 will require a network settings reset to get data working. if that does not work you will need to do a factory reset.

edit: you need to set apn setting after each of those steps

@Tammyt76

Well @wetcoaster is correct, this is an old thread ... but to speed you along ...

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/933_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_lg_g4.php

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Unable-to-get-data-working-on-lg-g4/t...

(You will also need to shutdown/restart your phone for these settings to take effect.  And even though you have no need for a data plan, you still need to configure these data APN settings for message attachments/images to work.)

(And not for your LG G4 device, but just in case somebody else with the same Alcatel One device as the OP comes looking for answers)

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/711_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_alcatel_one_touch_view....

@Tammyt76wrote:

Hi i have a Lg G4 and i cant send or receive picture text messages i have a talk and text plan and i use wifi at home so i dont need a data plan can you help me pls 

@Tammyt76

You have posted in a very old thread - for future reference you'll have a better chance of getting help fast if you are starting your own topic.

A couple of trouble shooting suggestions:

- Any recent OS updates? Have you rebooted your phone?

- Make sure that your data connection is on. You will not be charged or need a data plan or add-on for receiving MMS, but they are transmitted via data connection.

- Depending on the texting app you are using and/or it's recent updates you might need to turn WiFi off to make it work (an older version of Android Messages happened to work that way for me)

- Try another app, like Textra

Tammyt76

Hi i have a Lg G4 and i cant send or receive picture text messages i have a talk and text plan and i use wifi at home so i dont need a data plan can you help me pls 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

When I became a PM customer in September, 2013, my first phone was a PM UMX FlipPhone. It did everything realistically expected of it.

FYI.

@makkahn28 wrote:

Flip-Phones are sometimes neaderthal relics of a era long past. Flip-Phones are limited by what they can do to a significant degree

I don't know about that. Ever been to Japan? Light years ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to mobile network technology, and flip phones rule the game there.

Flip-Phones are sometimes neaderthal relics of a era long past. Flip-Phones are limited by what they can do to a significant degree

Haha - that's funny! When all else fails, simply reboot!

Wibbly
Ah, the ol' battery pull trick! 65% of the time it works every time 😉 glad to hear your issue was resolved!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jdelgadocruz wrote:

Hi Thanks a lot...after some difficult times i seem to have fixed the issue on this flip phone....I saw your post and you said to reboot the phone, so i opened it and took the battery out and put it back in(I did not want to do it since I was worried I would break the phone), but voila it worked and now I and sending and receiving texts with pics again, thanks a lot you guys are great.

Excellent news! Sometimes a power cycle is all that is needed Smiley Happy

Please mark the thread as "solved" - you may select the post you found to have helped solve your issue.

jdelgadocruz

Hi Thanks a lot...after some difficult times i seem to have fixed the issue on this flip phone....I saw your post and you said to reboot the phone, so i opened it and took the battery out and put it back in(I did not want to do it since I was worried I would break the phone), but voila it worked and now I and sending and receiving texts with pics again, thanks a lot you guys are great.

jdelgadocruz

Thanks for the reply, I am sorry I am not so saavy with phones, but where do i find this APN on my Alcatel one touch phone? i have searched the phone settings but see nothing to indicate a APN option, the instructions on the post by @wibbly , I think that is for a phone like android not like mines...

Definitely APN (Access Point Name) is NOT set to PM's parameters. After editing, You will have All Texts, MMS,SMS Back up and Running in no time

Supamo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try turning off your wifi and turn on your data. Then try opening or sending a pic via text. That usually works for me. Smiley Happy

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @jdelgadocruz,

As @Wibbly mentioned, it might be an APN issue, so to make sure that is not the problem, please go to this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Once you've ensured that the APN settings are correct, reboot the phone and see if the problem is resolved.

Wibbly
Were you using Public Mobile when you were sending them before? If not, you may need to adjust the APN settings on your phone as MMS picture messages require the same APN as data usage.
Need Help? Let's chat.