cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot pick up phone call and make a call

bondylee1974
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

recently I cannot pickup my phone call, always redirect to voicemail. when I call local number , also have issue, show me service not covered, this is just a call. please resolve ASAP.

17 REPLIES 17

bondylee1974

was your issue resolved? I really feel frustrated since it last two weeks.

Is Do Not Disturb on?

Is it on Airplane Mode?

Do you have any numbers blocked? <= I doubt that is the problem though. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bondylee1974 wrote:

I am using $10 plan. but I know that is unlimited coming call and 50 minutes call out, so reason I cannot pick up a call.

The $10 plan has only 50 minutes for incoming and outgoing minutes.  You plan does not have unlimited incoming minutes.  

I have the same $10 plan and I have used all my 50 minutes last week.  That is the reason why the 50 minutes usage line is no longer showing on my overview page.  After my last renewal date, my 50 minutes usage line was showing 0 minutes used as follows.  

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
0  /  50 MIN

After I used all my 50 minutes, the minute usage line is not long shown.

Currently, I used 55 minutes from my 500 minutes add-on.

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
5.530  /  1024 MB
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
3  /  400 MIN
50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
40  /  50 Unit
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
55 / 500 MIN

Ask if you have more question.

@bondylee1974 wrote:

I am using $10 plan. but I know that is unlimited coming call and 50 minutes call out, so reason I cannot pick up a call.

Please view the information provided to you by Dunkman and Popping earlier in this message thread.

The $10 plan does not include unlimted incoming calls. If you want that, upgrade to the $15 plan. Otherwise, you can add 500 minutes for $5, although incoming calls will still consume parts of those 500 minutes. After you have run out of minutes on the $10 plan, you cannot answer phone calls.

bondylee1974

I use motorola, this issue happened recently, so it is not compatible issue.  Thanks.

bondylee1974

I think we have same issue, at first I suppose this is public mobile side issue and it can be fixed soon, but  after one week, still have issue.

bondylee1974

bondylee1974

I have no data, text/sms works good. account is active. rebooted my phone and no lucky.

@ladybearbc wrote:

I haven't said anything til now - but things are getting worse.

Over the past several weeks - we have had a variety of problems.

1. Pick up the phone - dial a number - get a recording that talk is not included in my plan (which it is - it is unlimited across Canada - and has been for several months)

2. Over the past week 1/4 of our calls (and we get very few calls - so this is a LOT) - the phone is plugged in and sitting in the same place in the house - not moving - we get a notification of a voice mail.

The phone never rang - and I was sitting right beside it. Since it doesn't ring - it doesn't show last caller.

I am so frustrated - our area is just outside a metropolitan area - why are we getting such lousy coverage and these types of issues.?

@ladybearbc 

Here is the Telus coverage map

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/network/coverage-map

Which model phone do you have? Some older phones may not have all the necessary bands for optimal reception.  How many bars do you see on the PM reception?

Maybe try rebooting the phone.  Network reset.  

@ladybearbc ,

Please copy and paste your message into a new post, so that your issue gets dealt with separate from this post, and so that you get the help that YOU need. Thank you

Ask a question here using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/bd-p/Discussions

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bondylee1974 

If you still have minutes left on your usage line, your account may not be provision correctly.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  If $1 trick failed to get your phone working, try the lost/stolen trick.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If you don't have any minutes left for your current billing cycle, buy the $5 500 minutes add-on.

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I haven't said anything til now - but things are getting worse.

Over the past several weeks - we have had a variety of problems.

1. Pick up the phone - dial a number - get a recording that talk is not included in my plan (which it is - it is unlimited across Canada - and has been for several months)

2. Over the past week 1/4 of our calls (and we get very few calls - so this is a LOT) - the phone is plugged in and sitting in the same place in the house - not moving - we get a notification of a voice mail.

The phone never rang - and I was sitting right beside it. Since it doesn't ring - it doesn't show last caller.

I am so frustrated - our area is just outside a metropolitan area - why are we getting such lousy coverage and these types of issues.?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bondylee1974 ,

Since you used the word "recently" I would say these services worked before without problems.

If still issues after trying the recommendations posted by @Dunkman, I would send a message to the moderators to check the provisioning of your account.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@bondylee1974 wrote:

SMS works good.

@bondylee1974 

Which plan are you on?  By chance, are you on the old grandfathered $10 plan for 50 minutes talk/50 texts?  If so, maybe you ran out of minutes.  Check your self service account to check if you see the talk minutes tracker.  

You can also try your SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

[Solution highlighted ........ Luddite]

bondylee1974

SMS works good.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bondylee1974 

Does your text and data work?

Check your self service account.  Is status active versus suspended?

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset. 

bondylee1974

I tried everything I can. re-insert SIM, check account is active. it happens in recent week.

Need Help? Let's chat.