cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot make a local call. Says I need an addon..

dgleba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It says I need a long distance plan when I try to call locally.

"sorry we cannot complete your call. you don't have an active long distance addon..."

I believe my plan has Ontario calling and is paid up and should be fully active.

16 REPLIES 16

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would suggest that until these local and provincial calling bugs are worked out that PM give everyone Canada-wide calling. This is just a suggestion. 🙂

chelann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yep I’ve already done that 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chelann You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

chelann

Same. Can’t make phone calls 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We’re terribly sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to place any local calls despite having an active plan. We truly understand the importance of having fully functional services at all times, and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Please note that we were experiencing a network outage affecting multiple users. The issue prevents you from placing local calls although your plan is fully active. At this time, it must be resolved, and you should be able to place a call. I suggest everyone to reboot their device and make a call test.

We sincerely do apologize for this experience and thank you for your understanding and your patience, we really appreciate it.

Please let us know how it goes!

Respectfully,

Aïssata_B

AncaP

Same here

nickh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is happening to me and my wife too. @Shazia_K or another moderator, could you help me please?

Caplatte

Same here.  It appears to be system problem.  Hope Public Mobile will fix it soon!

nathanrehel

Mee too it's happening

atwab

Welcome to crap service... Some things never change..

It's going to be days before they fix this... Like last time...

And they will make every single person send a private message to the moderators...

Then they'll ask you a bunch of questions that have nothing to do with the issue...

Then I'll ask you to fill out a stupid form to get help... And each one of these steps is going to take 24 to 48 hours to complete...

I suggest that you switch companies while you can still keep your phone number...

Garbage

ben_tshin

My wife and I are six and seven.

Steven2112

Same with me!!! Can a mod help me please or provide an update on what's going on? Can't make any outgoing calls at all..

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Shows how little I use the talk minutes. Ahem, me five.

aaronmartin

me four

Kleanne21

Me three 😞 

adeokaran25

Me too :s

Need Help? Let's chat.