cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send emails with my Motorola Moto E4

Nothappy123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't send out emails with my phone. I have no other way of getting pictures off the phone that I know of. It used to work. I maybe hit a wrong setting somewhere or something or my service changed? Any help would be appreciated.

If someone knows some way to pictures of an E4 that would be great too.

63 REPLIES 63

@Nothappy123 wrote:

No sd card I am aware of. I googled this a while back and the E4 apparently has no mechanism for connecting to a computer. This thumb drive thing looks like exactly what I was looking for.

usually you only need a cable to connect the phone to the computer.  The windows should recognize the phone and install the proper driver.  Then you need to go back to the phone and click Allow to allow the computer the access to the phone storage space

Nothappy123

No sd card I am aware of. I googled this a while back and the E4 apparently has no mechanism for connecting to a computer. This thumb drive thing looks like exactly what I was looking for.

@Nothappy123 

Yep it's the link but it looks like it's not necessary now anyhow...

Screenshot_20211007-122353.png

Do you not have a micro sd card in your phone for this purpose? You can also use an adapter for transfers either way.....bought this one for less than $10 on Amazon.ca.

PXL_20211007_191706325.jpgPXL_20211007_191634329.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

My Bad! All the files are still in the phone... just the emails were deleted. Thanks for your help!

@Nothappy123 

your welcome,

or you can Restore deleted photos from Moto E4

How to retrieve wiped photos on Moto E4

How to Recover Deleted Photos from Motorola

Nothappy123

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks! I'm going to order one. great little gadget.

Nothappy123

My Bad! All the files are still in the phone... just the emails were deleted. Thanks for your help!

@Anonymous 

That dang *poof* the magic dragon eating post bug just gobble up my post? 

@Nothappy123 

I have an idea that may work to recover your data I just have to find where my post went or rewrite...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

This fixed it. Unfortunately it also deleted all the images and video I was trying to email to my computer.

@Nothappy123 

just to you know is nothing will be deleted your images and video is it in your device at app Gallery, 

or go to your Email gmail in computer and you will see at your gmail account (Drafts)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Yeah... kinda. Would have been better to have had a heads up on losing all the pictures and video footage on the phone. Might have been a way to back it up before i "fixed" the email issue. Oh well.

@Nothappy123 : I was out and about but man...that was terrible advice. It's the problem with copy/paste without thinking of what information is being imparted in that copy/paste.

So you've since tested it and it works? I do wonder if just the cache would have done it.

Nothappy123

Yeah... kinda. Would have been better to have had a heads up on losing all the pictures and video footage on the phone. Might have been a way to back it up before i "fixed" the email issue. Oh well.

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Thanks! So what is that thing called so I can order one?

Mine is made by Strontium.

Strontium® NITRO On-The-Go (OTG) USB 3.1 flash drive stores and shares digital contents such as movies, photos and music from your supported smartphones or tablets to a PC or Mac computer.

I do not know if I am allowed to post web links in Community postings but if you go to manufacturer's web site you will find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 wrote:

This fixed it. Unfortunately it also deleted all the images and video I was trying to email to my computer.

@Nothappy123 

glad it worked out,

enjoy your service...

Nothappy123

Thanks! So what is that thing called so I can order one?

Nothappy123

@Nothappy123 wrote:

I also get emails. without wifi

Then you are using your data which are Not unlimited...

Here is the hardware I was talking about. No need for WiFi nor Internet to transfer files.

20211007_133135.jpg20211007_133140.jpg20211007_133146.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nothappy123 

Follow the steps to clear Cache and Data. 

1. Open Settings on your device. 

2. Follow the path: App Management > App List > Gmail

3. Choose Storage usage. 

4. Clear Cache and Data.

Fix: Gmail App Keep Crashing on Android (SOLVE NOW)

Setup email - Motorola Support

Change app update settings

Nothappy123

Actually it's a red circle with a white envelope icon that sort of makes an M.

Nothappy123

Not sure what email program it is. Its a red circle with a white M in it.

Nothappy123

I turned off wifi and tried to download an app from google play store. Works fine. I also get emails. without wifi

@Nothappy123 wrote:

G4 cannot transfer images via usb. I'll google how to do it via wifi

Thanks

If you can access Wifi, you should be able to send and receive email and browser internet without issue. 

If you can browse internet, receive email and not sending out, it's a mail setup issue.  What mail server you are trying to access?  Gmail? Hotmail? or some other ISP mail?

@Nothappy123 wrote:

will reset network setting require me to put in a bunch of passwords?

@Nothappy123 

If your device has your passwords remembered, then the Reset of the Network Settings will not remove your passwords.

You will just need to log into things again, but your password should autofill, if you have that setting on.

Doing this Reset, may mean you need to set up your APN settings again.

Your E4 APN settings here:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/motorola-moto-e4

@Nothappy123 wrote:

I can get emails on the phone.... I just can't send them.

@Nothappy123   are you using the actual Email app no your phone?  or you are using app like GMail/Outlook  app on your phone?  Try to use those Gmail/Outlook app if possible, those have everything setup and you don't need to do much

if you are using the Email app , you need to setup SMTP or IMAP to send email.  Also, if you use the Email app to access Gmail, you need to give permission on the Gmail side.  

So, can you receive email on Mobile Data?  and can you access internet on the browser via Mobile Data?  If so, do not touch APN, it's a setup with the mail app you have , not the APN issue

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Nothappy123 wrote:

I can't send out emails with my phone. I have no other way of getting pictures off the phone that I know of. It used to work. I maybe hit a wrong setting somewhere or something or my service changed? Any help would be appreciated.

To transfer images/files from a phone I use USB stick having micro adapter on one side and regular USB connector on another side.

Plugging USB stick into phone get recognized as external drive and you can copy there whatever you want.

Then, plugging it into PC you can transfer files to PC.

Another way to transfer files is to have SD adapter with micro USB connector.

Plug it into phone, transfer files to SD card, pull card from adapter, plug it into SD card reader connected to PC. Transfer files...

Most likely you can transfer files to one of those Clouds (google, etc.). Sorry I do not use that so cannot provide more info...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nothappy123 wrote:

@Nothappy123 

When are you reaching an error?

When you take a picture, then go to the "Share" options (like, sending the picture via TEXT, EMAIL, Facebook, etc....)?

If you are starting in your email application and the search for your picture on your device, then trying to send the picture...perhaps this is a email app issue?

Try a SOFT RESET of your phone (it would not hurt anything):

Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for 10-20 seconds.

The device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

Nothappy123

will reset network setting require me to put in a bunch of passwords?

Nothappy123

I can get emails on the phone.... I just can't send them.

Nothappy123

Thanks!

tried the sim card thing. Didn't work. Also seems to have bothered on of my email servers. It wants me to enter an new password for smtp? (Not a power user here)

Nothappy123

My phone says apn settings are no available to this user.

Nothappy123

G4 cannot transfer images via usb. I'll google how to do it via wifi

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.