cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive incoming calls

Rain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined PM today. I got the $10 plan to start out with. It has 50 mins Canada wide talk. I got a new number from PM (not ported) I can make calls and send/receive sms but I couldn't receive calls. When someone tried calling me it  says the the number is not equipped for incoming calls. Does that mean I need to include incoming calls in my plan but I have 50kins Canada wide talk? Or something's wrong with the phone? It's Nokia8 TA-1004. I'll appreciate your help. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Rain

Hi! It's already working. I didn't have to do the lost/stolen phone. I'm not sure what happened but before I even  tried doing that, someone called me and it went through! I'm glad. But thanks everyone for all the suggestions! 

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rain wrote:

@Jessica_T  I will try that and see what happens. Thanks 

@Rain  Any luck on that? Seems to help a lot of users out

Rain

@Jessica_T  I will try that and see what happens. Thanks 

@Rain wrote:

I got a new phone and number. I did restart the phone twice. 

Did you write a message to the moderator?

Rain

I got a new phone and number. I did restart the phone twice. 

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rain  Try this trick. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account under Plans and Add-ons, Lost/Stolen Phone and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account.  

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rain You better contact the Moderator by sending a private message that is the envelop icon and to "Moderator_Team". 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Rain wrote:

I just joined PM today. I got the $10 plan to start out with. It has 50 mins Canada wide talk. I got a new number from PM (not ported) I can make calls and send/receive sms but I couldn't receive calls. When someone tried calling me it  says the the number is not equipped for incoming calls. Does that mean I need to include incoming calls in my plan but I have 50kins Canada wide talk? Or something's wrong with the phone? It's Nokia8 TA-1004. I'll appreciate your help. Thanks!

Not a phone issue. A phone can't make the network produce an error like that one. I think maybe system thinks you are out of minutes or voice not provisioned correctly by Public.  I think you need to contact moderator_team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rain wrote:

Odd. Can you transcribe exactly what a caller hears? I'm assuming you're testing with another phone at hand.

Maybe your call forwarding permanent is on? Maybe you have a do not disturb setting on?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Rain Did you move your number from another provider? Have you restarted your phone?
Need Help? Let's chat.