Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t get service after changing my number

CG2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help

13 REPLIES 13

@Luddite  Thanks for the info.... will keep that in mind for any future similar issues. 👍 

@CannonFodder wrote:

Any chance this is one of those occasions where a certain amount of time has to pass before said change will come into effect? @CG2  how long ago did you do the change?

@CannonFodder FYI: less than a minute. After the request, logout, reboot and one should have service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try to reboot your phone? it is like when you get the new service from PM and the staff at london drugs told me i have to reboot my phone. and then it was solved. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Rebooting the phone seems to work for many members with this issue. If not, contact a moderator as outlined by the other members.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CG2 

Somehow your account may not be provisioned correctly after number change.

As sugguest by @computergeek541, add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your plan feature again.  BTW, the added fund will be used to pay part of your next renewal before taking more fund from your autopay cc.

If adding $1 does not fix your service issue,  create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is your issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

@CG2 One thing that might help would be to try making a small payment (of any amount). For some strange reason, this will sometimes make the service start functioning again.

CG2

Ok thanks

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What do you see on your Self Serve account view?

@CG2 wrote:

Last night

@CG2  Power down your phone. Remove the sim card and wait for 15 minutes. Re-insert the sim card and power up your device. Can you make calls?

@CG2  Yeah, that should have been plenty of time. Assuming you tried @Staliger 's idea, of restarting the phone, and it still doesn't work, then yeah, take the other advice, and contact the Moderators.

CG2

Last night

Any chance this is one of those occasions where a certain amount of time has to pass before said change will come into effect? @CG2  how long ago did you do the change?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@CG2 wrote:

Please help

@CG2 Did you restart you phone? Is your account active? If answers are "yes", then, click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.