cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't be reached on my new phone number

codin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the plan in Montreal, I moved back to Toronto and I changed my number with the previous one wich I had before in Toronto, phone number was changed but I can't be reached on 

20 REPLIES 20

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@codin you didn't need to post the same reply 4 times but thanks for following up!

How long ago did you submit the port request?  Since you are transfering the number from a VoIP provider, it will take quite a bit longer to complete.  It can take up to around 1 week to finish.  You should be able to continue using your Primus service to receive calls on that number in the meantiime until it completes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

codin

back in the end of may I moved to Europe up to 23 nov and came back to Montreal, there I had to use a phone and I purchesed PM, I got a Montreal number, Monday I moved back to Toronto and I changed with my previous number from Primus land line, checked and was available, so right now my PM account is under that number from Primus, I can call and text but not to receive calls and texts

thanks

codin

back in the end of may I moved to Europe up to 23 nov and came back to Montreal, there I had to use a phone and I purchesed PM, I got a Montreal number, Monday I moved back to Toronto and I changed with my previous number from Primus land line, checked and was available, so right now my PM account is under that number from Primus, I can call and text but not to receive calls and texts

codin

thanks

codin

thanks

srlawren

I guess all we can do is wait for more details.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RobertQc, I’m reading the original post as someone who previously lived in Toronto, moved to Montreal for a period of time, and got a phone number while in Montreal, replacing their Toronto number at that time.

Now, this person has moved back to Toronto, and is attempting to replace the Montreal number, with the previously assigned Toronto number, which, without more information, I do not know if it was active, inactive, reassigned, or reassigned and inactive on another person’s account somewhere.

If the OP could further explain the history of the numbers in this issue, we’d all have a better idea of what the issue is.

@mimmo@srlawren@stonechucker

@codin wrote:

I got the plan in Montreal, I moved back to Toronto and I changed my number with the previous one wich I had before in Toronto, phone number was changed but I can't be reached on

I am really confused ... I guess I really misunderstood this. As I understood they have an account that is open already with a "new" public mobile phone number. They wanted to port the number from their old subscriber after everything was already active and replace the number they had by logging into self serve and hitting "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider"

Then I figured it could be a "porting" or "transfering numer delay" because untill the transfer was complete it would still be going to their old sim. But if the old account was inactive and literally their ancient public mobile account from the past then they must have selected "select new number" and can't be a porting issue. Op needs to be clear about this.

Or.... was my wording wrong? If an existing customer logs into self serve and hits "transfer number" from an old provider is it not considered "porting" and considered "transferring existing" and the "porting process" can only be considered "porting" when its a new account? Are they two definitions or can "porting/transferring existing" be used to describe the same thing?

transfer.png

I agree with @mimmo, trying to activate an old number either released back to original carrier, or possibly a now active, but in use by someone else, this not an authorized transfer.

mimmo

@srlawren the way I read "and I changed my number with the previous one wich I had before in Toronto,"

Was they changed their pm number to a number to an old number they had which to me implied somehow porting an inactive account.

srlawren

@mimmo @RobertQc I may be reading wrong, but I don't think this is a porting issue.  It sounds like @codin is an existing customer, moved provinces, and went into self-serve and selected a new phone number in their new province, to replace their existing phone number they were using.

@codin have you powered your phone off and then back on again?  This is often required after changing phone numbers.  Failing that, have you sent a private message to the moderator team for assistance?  You indicated your disappointment they have not helped out--I want you to be aware (you may already be, in which case, my apologies) that the only way to engage the moderator team for assistance with issues such as this is to send them a private message through the community.  You can learn how to do so here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

codin

I'm disapointed no moderator is helping with my problem, public mobile has 0 custumer care

codin

thank you, the question what I'm doing now I can't be reached on phone I can call and I can send SMS 

@codin wrote:

on my phone SIM card has already indicated my phone number and even on my account has switched on my old phone number

In some phones (Blackberry is an example), the phone number is written into the data fields in a SIM card.  I can use an android app with root to hard code a number into a SIM card.  Just because a number is added to the SIM card this way, that does not mean this is a number that is available for you to choose.  If you have let an account with your old number expire, the number has gone into the pool of unused numbers to be reassigned to other customers.  At this point, there is virtually no prospect of ever getting that number back.  It would be serendipity the number is still in the unused pool.  If the account associated with the old SIM card is active, then you should be able to port in the number. 

@codin wrote:

on my phone SIM card has already indicated my phone number and even on my account has switched on my old phone number

@codinIf you ported a number in, incomming calls still might be going to the old sim car, ports can take a while every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

codin

please let me know what can I do now, if I can't use my old phone number, I try to change again but the system does't change 

codin

mimmo

@codin you can only change numbers by getting a number assigned to you by pm or by porting an old number.  To port an old number it needs to be active and you need to"own" it.   

If you want your old number you would need to track down which carrier has it (typically the orriginal service provide) activate an account with them if they will give you that number then port.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@codinWas this a number port from an old provider, or did you get a new public phone number with a toronto area code?

edit @will13am you fastest.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@codin, are you saying to tried doing a number port and things did not work out? 

Need Help? Let's chat.