cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I bought a SIM from eBay

@darlicious wrote:

@timjason  Firstly contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

When you activated you were sent the SIM card number? Then once entering the referral code and sending the "fee" you would be sent the actual sim card? You need to first gain access to your account. If you cant figure out the email the moderators will help by using other info from your account to identify you. If you have to send a private message include the number ported, temporary number if used, email you think you used, name, address, dob, alternate pm # if any, payment amount, type, date, last 4 digits, security question and answer.

Since you don't trust this person you can just go to a retail location buy a new SIM and have the moderator enter it or enter it yourself once you gain access to your account. Put it in your phone and reboot. You're all good to go.

Slow down there!! The buyer should first suspend service as you say. If eBay seller won’t comply then that is a separate issue to deal with. Buyer now has to find another SIM card “in hand” suck up the loss, register the new SIM card, get PM up and running and have a life experience.  

But just to add their are numerous good and very very very honest sellers on eBay and Craigslist.  And on the other hand I have experienced many many many dishonest and incompetent BUYERS on eBay. I am sure there are a few others here that can attest to that! This seller may have misjudged the buyer (or seller truly is dishonest and won’t last) and their maybe some more communication required. And if that does not work, report the seller and ask for refund.  But first step is to get the account in order and on to using PM🙂🙂🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

Seems some people didn't comprehend all the details, so I'll clarify:

• eBay seller provided a referral code, and the SIM card number to the buyer
  • Buyer sets up new account using the referral code and SIM card number provided by the seller
  • Seller does not ship the physical SIM to the buyer until they see the referral code used.

It's a little out of the norm, I see what the scheme is, but there's no personal account info being given to the seller. The only risk is if the seller withholds shipping the SIM card if the buyer doesn't use sellers referral code.

Exactly!! 

This seller is likely dishonest or there needs to be more communication.  

As said in my previous post their are many many honest eBay sellers. 

For the folks here that disapprove of eBay sellers....I would ask if they have ever used eBay?

I have bought over 300 items on eBay and very very very rarely have had no delivery without a full refund. And when it happened I may have lost 5 bucks which over the long haul is a drop in the bucket vs all the savings I have had. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. I has good experineces on eBay. But the seller knowing my unque SIM card number is problem I didn't think about. I try to solve this issue with him over weeks, offering any other method of payment than eTransfer to cover the cost of the sim which is 11.13 dollars. He refused to take anything but eTransfer.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@timjason wrote:

Yes. I has good experineces on eBay. But the seller knowing my unque SIM card number is problem I didn't think about. I try to solve this issue with him over weeks, offering any other method of payment than eTransfer to cover the cost of the sim which is 11.13 dollars. He refused to take anything but eTransfer.

Please at least suspend your service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.