cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not ableto make or receive calls

CStuart210
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since last night I cannot make or receive calls on my IPhone.  I have checked and everything on my settings is correct.

What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

@Phill-40  your issue was a porting issue, you should have called the Porting group and have it sorted out.  you would be able to keep your old number should you have called.

the issue this original poster had was different from what have been told, I don't think he/she should do this...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did you try pull out your SIM from the phone, wait a min or two,  then put it back ?? 

it happens to me before..  reboot phones didn't work until and pull and reinsert SIM..

@Phill-40 wrote:

I switched from another provider to public and was trying to keep same number  it didn't work I couldn't make calls either. Maybe you could go into self serv and select change number. Change your number. That worked me I know it's a pain but only way I could get it to work after registering a public sim 

I have to strongly suggest against this. If the number has actually been ported over to Public Mobile but something went wrong (but actually released from the old carrier), doing this will make the customer lose the phone number. The best option is to get the number porting and Public Mobile service working properly.

Phill-40
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched from another provider to public and was trying to keep same number  it didn't work I couldn't make calls either. Maybe you could go into self serv and select change number. Change your number. That worked me I know it's a pain but only way I could get it to work after registering a public sim 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@CStuart210 wrote:

Since last night I cannot make or receive calls on my IPhone.  I have checked and everything on my settings is correct.

What should I do?

@CStuart210 Go into your self serve and select change sim card.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Compare the last 4 numbers iof the sim in your account with the last 4 on the sim in your phone. If they differ, report your phone lost/stolen and contact the moderators. Then. if you have your number tied to ANY accounts for 2FA or password reset like PayPal, banks, etc, log into them and change these settings and passwords. 

You can contact the moderators one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.