cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am being charged for LD when I haven't used it.

Pedror0231
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just noticed on my account that 202 minutes out of 300 total long distance minutes have been used up. I haven't called anyone long distance unless Public Mobile is charging people for making wifi voice calls on Facebook. 

14 REPLIES 14

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Meow 

Yes,Facebook has voice call and video calling just like Whatsapp.   Make sure you install "Messenger" (a separate app from Facebook app). 

Thank you for clarification and no thank you to install anything related to Facebook nor Whatsapp. Too many breaches and issues with these two...

I will stick with what I use.

@Pedror0231 PM charging Facebook voice call for LD?  Facebook voice card does not call any phone number at all.  It's only a voice over data to the apps on another party, there is no way thre is long distance charge.

What I can think of on a possible situation is that your wife might have click on the phone number of the FB user's profile , that would cause your phone to use the Phone app and made the call. and that would trigger the LD.  But if this is the case, the call wasn't made through FB app

@Meow 

Yes,Facebook has voice call and video calling just like Whatsapp.   Make sure you install "Messenger" (a separate app from Facebook app). 

@Pedror0231 wrote:

It is for the international long distance minutes. I have made no international calls for five months. My wife is in Mexico taking care of sick family and we use Facebook voice calls over wifi.

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'Facebook voice calls over wifi'?

I do not use Facebook but if I have need to do international video/voice call I use Viber or Fongo or TextNow.

@Pedror0231 

Thanks for posting the screenshot. So unless as suggested by @Anonymous that you have had the add on for a very long time and had previously used minutes to call Mexico ( presumably) then there would be an issue. Is it possible to have been used shortly after purchase? I see you do not have the "more the merrier" international long distance add on gifts on your account. Have they been consumed as well? Does anyone else have access to your phone who might have made long distance calls?

@Anonymous 

Nice catch on the 300 international long distance calling minutes.

@Pedror0231 

If this indeed is the add on you have then it should not be consumed for local/province or canada wide calling (or any other country not on the list) if you have run out of outgoing minutes on the $15 plan or any other unlimited calling plan.

You would need to contact the moderators to fix this but posting a screenshot of your add on usage and/or your plans and add ons section of your overview page (remove personal account info first) would help us determine your issue and your appropriate next course of action.

@Pedror0231 wrote:

Screenshot_20210410-170007_(1).png

@Pedror0231 

IF you are on the $15 plan than your minutes are all used up, because they are not listed any longer.

But if you are on unlimited Canada minutes already and you are getting dinged on this addon, then inquire about this with the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

EDIT: actually your Canada minutes should be getting used in my scenario...humm?

What plan are you on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pedror0231 : Most of us here are customers like you and just trying to help.

That 300 minutes is for international calling. It's what's called an add-on. Add-ons stay on your account until fully consumed. Maybe over whatever length of time since you bought that add-on you have made international calls.

Pedror0231

It is for the international long distance minutes. I have made no international calls for five months. My wife is in Mexico taking care of sick family and we use Facebook voice calls over wifi.

Pedror0231

Screenshot_20210410-170007_(1).png

Pedror0231

If you read what I had posted you would have chosen to answer differently.

You want to check your calling history and confirm the details?

Any chance your local minutes are used up already ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pedror0231 : Please post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course. Have you made any regular type calls for a while?

Edit: The 300 minutes is international. Have you called other countries?

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

If you used up all your monthly minutes then the add on minutes are being used so you can still make calls even though they are local calls. That is if you're not on a plan with unlimited calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.