Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am VERY Unhappy with Public Mobile

MojoJoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They won't port my number.  -Check
I contact them on multiple occasions to port my number since Sunday. -Check

I switch phone numbers to just ANY number, and they still won't let me use data. -Check

I'm calling Visa, this is FRAUD

38 REPLIES 38

@Arily4 wrote:

In my experience, Bell was absolutely horrible to deal with. Is there a possibility that there is a problem on their end?

Bell does sometimes hold up a phone number transfer until first speaking to a customer in an attempt to try to convince the customer to stay.  However, this thread is almost 3 years old and any issue being discussed would have already been resolved in one way or another.

Arily4

In my experience, Bell was absolutely horrible to deal with. Is there a possibility that there is a problem on their end?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rkreddyb4u FYI the porting request form was recently updated and should help somewhat with these types of problems.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MojoJoe

It took much, MUCH, too much time to reply to me telling me I screwed up.  Its unfortunate that you guys are so busy to reply, but over two weeks lost service just to tell me that the account number I put in was wrong is unacceptable.  I will still be seeking a refund through my credit card provider, and I hope Public Mobile will comply with my request.

Thank you for trying. 

Joe

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

and also what is mandatory versus what is optional

rkreddyb4u

if customers are making repeated simple mistakes I think we should add some help text explaining difference between a phone number and an account number 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

I understand your concerns and those are some valid questions! On the other hand, you would be surprised at how many customers enter their phone number instead of their account number, or just leave the required information blank thinking the port will process. Although we do experience glitches, many port issues are user-error. Nevertheless, you know how happy to makes us to help 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

AlezzzGo

Oh, no I think the service we all signed up for is Call, Text and Data.

I was not promised that they will give me no replay to my get-help requests or private messages.

I have been without service for a month since I started, and gosh, they don't even let me in my own account online or through phone anymore. 

I am sure the everyone in this company works hard, but as a whole, PM is not working out.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Man oh man. Things have gotta so incredibly depressing around here the past few weeks. 

pizza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with @RLBL's concern. It's unfortunate how there was a simple problem, but the user was unaware of it until he had to become extremely upset with the company. This was a simple issue that could have been fixed very quickly, had the user known. 

Hm. Rough. 

talkalot

Welcome to the Club.

@RLBLI have wondered that as well because I am reading more posts with wrong account number or not enough number in the IMEI number.  It would be interesting to see those stats as well as previous provider error as I am sure their systems were getting overloaded with all the requests of port outs as well.

@talkalot  What issues are you experiencing?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

talkalot

Welcome to the Club:+

RLBL
I am concerned about thisfor two reasons:

- a thread posted about distaste when it was a user problem.
- it is not evident why the port request failed. A return response of "invalid account information entered" would be good (assuming that it is not returned as such). That would be a system deficiency.

It makes me wonder how many of the issues are caused by user error, but the user is not aware that the fault was their own.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @MojoJoe,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience.

We're really sorry to hear that you've had an unresolved porting issue, and that you feel this way. 

The port request unfortunately failed because the wrong account number was entered, therefor your old service provider denied the request. In order for us to get the port completed, we will need you to verify and confirm the correct Bell account number - I would be more than happy to resubmit it for you (please send me this information via private message)

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Do you really want to start this again? Didn't Shaz already talk to you about this.

Huntress

Be Careful, they will tell you to go elsewhere!! Yes to another provider! that is what they told me, and all I was asking for is my time back because my Sim stopped working!! I went a half month without service, and I paid for the full month!! 

Rockdaddy22
It would be quicker to just get it from PM.

KK
@MojoJoe

With regards to your data issue,
1. do you have an LG G4?, this phone frequently has to be factory reset to get data working on a new SIM.
2. Have you tried deleting the APN settings and re-entering manually? A number of phones data starts working after this fix.

MojoJoe

Complaint was submitted by Visa, they'll look into this.  Hopefully they'll understand the struggle with how poor the customer service is here and offer me a refund.

Rockdaddy22
I'm sure they'll tell you to try and work it out with the company first. If you can't do that they'll do a chargeback.

Civic_E

@MojoJoe What did VISA tell you?

aphantom

"They are coping well" ?

How can you call customers waiting more than 10 days for a response from a company "coping well"?

That's 264 hours when they express that you can expect a response in 48 hours. That is 216 hours overdue.

publicbond
As someone who was without service for a few days, I still am happy with public mobile. Believe the promo plan was well received and the burst of issues were not expected. They are coping well and all issues should be resolved fine. Been a customer for more than 2 years and am still continue to be. Will ignore my past issue as growing pains. ☺️

Mana
Mayor / Maire

If you give it a couple more days I am sure it will get resolved.  I am noticing all issues are being resloved as quickly as they can.

But if you are still unhappy and want to get rid of PM and the $40, 4gb per month promo, please message me and I will glady take it from you.

Rockdaddy22
Please do not let it waiver, I'm pretty positive you'll feel it was worth the wait.

Zadem

There is no excuse for slow or no responces, a business that wishes continued existence should strive to engage their paying customers and creat a happy relationship. 

I am in the situation of a failed port, however it failed in such a way that my old plan remains functional and active so I continue to use it; others may not have any service and for those I imagine there is more frustration. I am not yet receiving the service I paid for, Public Mobile is still well within their ability to make it right (refresh my account start time to when the service is functional).

• Am I happy?  Not overly
  • Am I satisfied with my care?  Not overly
  • Did I know full well many people were having multi-day/week issues before porting my number over?  Yes, I read up on companies and known issues before chosing to use their services.
  • Do I have confidence in a satisfactory resolution?  Waivering

I transfered to Pulic Mobile knowing I may have days to weeks of issues before resolution.  I am currently in that state.

david_l

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
No ones excusing it, just trying to explain it.

Well it sounded to me like Zadem was excusing it by saying it was the service he paid for... 2 weeks of waiting. $120 ain't small change and cell phone service is almost a necessity these days. I stand by my comment that it is ridiculous to think it's okay just because this is a no-frills carriers with half the staff that they should have.

Rockdaddy22
No ones excusing it, just trying to explain it.

david_l

@Zadem wrote:

I do not believe Public Mobile is commiting fraud https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud. Public Mobile staff are supporting their subscriber base to the best of their ability and have stated in multiple threads they are addressing issues from the oldest to the newest.

I signed up for a service, I am experiencing difficulties, I have submitted support requests (Since Nov 17th) and I await resolution.  This is the service I signed up for.

It's kind of sad to say that you signed up for a cheap carrier, so you shouldn't expect any customer service at all. I would be enraged if I was out of service for almost 2 weeks and I've already paid for said service!

Need Help? Let's chat.