cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to migrate to koodo 40$ plan

Iqjotgirgla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to migrate to Koodo's $40 unlimited canada-wide calling 4GB internet plan and right now I am on one $120 PM plan. I did not get the message from public mobile to Port out my number. Is there a way for me to put into Koodo?

@CS_Agent

51 REPLIES 51

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone looking to switch it and looking for a referral code use:  

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/a0Cy8vA-5UYqDPN

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ulovebasswrote:

as I posted before with screen shot, that is 5Gb plan not 4Gb plan+1Gb bounus.

Might still visit a Koodo kiosk later today but don’t mind having the extra gig addon gives me an extra protection layer in case I do hit 4GB.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is good news for anyone that ported already

Aahan

I had already ported my PM number to the $40/4gb plan on Koodo.

I went in store (Brampton, ON) with the GOKOODO405GBBPO promo code. They were able to change my rate plan to the $40/5gb plan. Got a confirmation email shortly after. Screenshots attached.Screenshot_20180224-102012.pngScreenshot_20180224-102125.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-24 at 11.05.07 AM.png

ulovebass

as I posted before with screen shot, that is 5Gb plan not 4Gb plan+1Gb bounus.

canucks4life
Man Frustrated
@mimmowrote:

@PhoneSeeker

you can check online.  

add a phone only plan to the cart

go to the cart 

there is a box for the promo code : GOKOODO405GBBPO

it asks for a phone number enter your pm number.

and it will eithe confirm or deny the offer.

the actual promo does not show up in the available plans list. I am assuming you will need to go instore.

Yeah played around with cart a bit and noticed that...interestingly enough it accepted the code on my number even though I’ve already migrated Cat Embarassed

Might need to make my first call Koodo loyalty tomorrow about that extra 1GB.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PhoneSeeker

you can check online.  

add a phone only plan to the cart

go to the cart 

there is a box for the promo code : GOKOODO405GBBPO

it asks for a phone number enter your pm number.

and it will eithe confirm or deny the offer.

the actual promo does not show up in the available plans list. I am assuming you will need to go instore.

brainfreze

But is that extra gig permanent as long as you stay on the plan or is it limited to 12 months that I seem to see a lot of (x$ reduction for 12/24 months)? 

ulovebass

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

If they offered 5GB/$40, I would switch too. So far, nobody has contacted me.

Call and check with your phone number.

5Gb/$40 is not that bad and if you need nationwide calling.

also you can add upto medium Tab if you want.

and koodo has double referral promo until Mar 1.

PhoneSeeker

If they offered 5GB/$40, I would switch too. So far, nobody has contacted me.

ToniCipriani

Add another 1GB, or knock another $5, then we'll talk. I'm not willing to spend more per month.

I'm already renewed on $111 so I've got time for you to come back to me with another offer.

@ulovebasswrote:

call back and confirmed. They offer 40\4Gb what they offerd (100 credit etc)+ 1Gb 

They said my number is on thier list and seems like who currently on 120\12 plan can get that offer.

This could actually be a very good deal, if you think about it rationnally. It rivals the plan they have for quebec the one with 48$/6GB ... or at least what I could have thought of before all the mess last week:/

denkom

@ulovebass Interesting. I would jump on that plan right away if it were offered to me.Robot Sad

ulovebass

call back and confirmed. They offer 40\4Gb what they offerd (100 credit etc)+ 1Gb 

They said my number is on thier list and seems like who currently on 120\12 plan can get that offer.

Hmm

https://www.sheridancentre.ca/stores/sheridancentre-koodo

So now is it a mistake or is there really a 5GB plan?

I agree I know a few people (with low rewards) who would switch in an instant to get that

ulovebass

@denkomwrote:

@torontokris Agreed. 5gb would be incentive enough for a lot of people to switch. I'm not sure who that one is for and I haven't seen any mention of it in the online forums either. But the Koodo reps did have a promo code for it (not sure what it was though).

I got a call from koodo (9058553331) today and he offerd 5Gb data. 

@I don't need more data and want stay with prepaid service so I didn't listen carefully but koodo might tried $40/5G offer now for who has $120/12G plan @PM

denkom

I saw that today. But i'm really hoping to stay within the $40 price point.

U should follow up redflag forums too when ever deals available you will able to see it their. I heard koodo or virgin have a 6gb 60 bucks promo this weekend. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

denkom

@Samianauman I thought about that too lol 🙂 But it seemed like the rep was really trying to push the plan through. I don't know if another rep would have different authority to override a system that clearly wasn't letting the plan activate. 😞 

denkom

@torontokris Agreed. 5gb would be incentive enough for a lot of people to switch. I'm not sure who that one is for and I haven't seen any mention of it in the online forums either. But the Koodo reps did have a promo code for it (not sure what it was though).

If that's the case try different koodo kiosk its hit and miss depending on sales rep 🙂

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

denkom

@Samianauman Yes, I understood that the plan was for people on the fall promo. But I did read online that some people who were not on the promo were successful at getting the Koodo plan. Not sure how they managed that or perhaps Koodo has closed the loophole. Either way I'm going to keep my eyes open for a plan as I have a feeling PM will raise their prices soon anyway. 

torontokris

@denkomwrote:

I went to Koodo yesterday to try and get the $40/4gb plan (I am not on the fall promo). The rep tried to push the plan through but at the end their system wouldn't let them. They initially tried to give me a $40/5gb plan which they had a promo code for but when that didn't work they tried the 4gb plan. So I guess the promotional Koodo plan will only work for those selected PM phone numbers. Too bad as I really wanted to get on a plan with more data for a similar price point to what I pay now.

Had the promo inlcuded 5GB for $40 I think more people would have migrated. Wonder who that promo in their system was for.

Yes @denkom

It's a specific deal exclusivey for pm falls promo plan holder koodo already have those plan holder number in system. That's why u were unable to get the same deal as u mentioned you don't have a fall promo plan. 

denkom

I went to Koodo yesterday to try and get the $40/4gb plan (I am not on the fall promo). The rep tried to push the plan through but at the end their system wouldn't let them. They initially tried to give me a $40/5gb plan which they had a promo code for but when that didn't work they tried the 4gb plan. So I guess the promotional Koodo plan will only work for those selected PM phone numbers. Too bad as I really wanted to get on a plan with more data for a similar price point to what I pay now.

brainfreze

For those interested this is what you get when you put the promo code in. I am also on the fall 40/4gb promo but did not receive the special alert text from koodo/pubmo. Thanks to the person who posted the promo code.For those interested this is what you get when you put the promo code in. I am also on the fall 40/4gb promo but did not receive the special alert text from koodo/pubmo. Thanks to the person who posted the promo code.

@Korth in general corporate punishes employees not customers when fraud happens

Anything from forfeit of commissions all the way up to termination of employement

I am glad to hear @artekds comment because otherwise there could be serious issues to existing Public clients

@artekdswrote:

I saw an internal memo from Koodo to its dealers about PM $120/12 to Koodo $40/4 plan transfers and remember seeing a line that Koodo will audit all ports to this plan, dont know if they will do it.

I'm curious, so I'm gonna bite this hook.  What exactly do you mean by "audit" in this context?

artekds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw an internal memo from Koodo to its dealers about PM $120/12 to Koodo $40/4 plan transfers and remember seeing a line that Koodo will audit all ports to this plan, dont know if they will do it.

PhoneSeeker

@will13amwrote:

@ShawnC13wrote:

I don't think this was a PM decision or plan at all.  I am pretty sure this came from higher up in Telus and it was PM that is the ones that had to put their name on it because we are "PM" Customers.  No matter how high up you are in management at PM you there are still many levels above you at Telus that will direct you as to what will be happening with your brand.

No doubt, this customer repositioning exercise came from Telus and not Public Mobile or Koodo.  I wonder if Joe Natale was still was still in charge, would this idea ever see the light of day. 

On LinkedIn I see this:

darren

I just need to figure out who the "man in the middle" is, then maybe they can put in a good word for us PM customers. Smiley LOL  Wishful thinking,  but drastic times call for drastic measures. Anyone around here best buds with Darren? 

Need Help? Let's chat.