cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED WITH PUBLIC MOBILE

angelaho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had no servive now for 3 days. Nothing. I am not super web savy so i went to my local place to buy a new Sim card for my phone due to service has just stopped. Got a new Sim that was called in by London drugs and still nothing! I have verified its not my phone, (LG G6) My account is paid up in full. I am on Ticket 3 now and none has any answers for me! 

They said on the phone a tech was looking into it and would have my service restored in 2 hours. That was 24 hours ago. 

Not even an email to say yes we are working on it! Nothing! 

Is this how public mobile runs its service? With Covid going on I have no phone! 

This THE worst service i have ever recieved! Someone please help me!

Angela 

Ticket #9743348

18 REPLIES 18

angelaho

No i did not however the sales people from London drugs did.

@angelaho  If you have already created a ticket with the Moderator Team best to work with them to resolve your issue. Just check your private message and reply back to them. Nobody here can help you with account issues you will only make things worse.

@angelaho login to your account and verify the sim card number that is registered on your account at the moment. the sim that's registered to your account, install it into your phone and do a network reset

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings. > System.
  2. Tap Restart & reset.
  3. Tap Network settings reset. If requested, enter the PIN.
  4. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  5. Tap Reset Settings.
  6. Restart

angelaho

Its the service itself.

If anyone calls me it says number not in sevice. 

@angelaho Try the lost/ stolen trick to reset your service. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If this fails contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service for you.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

angelaho

Ok so i did that. Its still doing the same thing.

thanks

angelaho

I will try that right now.

thanks

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@angelaho wrote:

They said on the phone a tech was looking into it and would have my service restored in 2 hours. That was 24 hours ago. 

You talked to Public Mobile on the phone?????

@angelaho  Do you still have the original SIM card? If you have it, turn your phone off and  switch it back into your phone. Thanks. Is this possible? 

hongduong

is it the simcard or the service itself. I have made 3 purchases to get the one SIM card that's working. Check if you got the SIMcard signal on your phone

angelaho

OK and how do i do that??? Like I am lost here! Yes my service out of the blue just stopped working while on holidays. I went and got another one. I just don't understand why i have to even go through any of this? I did not create another account! I am so upset over all of this i just need some help.

Thanks 

Angela

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@angelaho please correct me if I misunderstand the current situation. You service stopped working on the first SIM card Account 1 . You then purchased and activated a new SIM card at London drugs? What did you do with the original SIM card? It seems that you now have 2 active accounts now. If you don't have the original SIM card. You will have to buy another SIM and switch it from within your first self service account to keep your original number. And cancel the second plan.   Stay safe.

angelaho

If you are a moderator, can you not look up my ticket # ???? Just asking.

angelaho

Ok Really??? Yes My Boyfriend refereed me. He has been there for over 2 years. I can open my account online! Yes there are people to call! 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@angelaho Wrote while you were writing reply ahead of this. Disregard.

angelaho

I mean the account is paid up till Sep 13th.

Yes there are people to call. Retailers can call public mobile to activate sim cards etc. So they were on the phone with them for 30 min and told me that my service would be restored in 2 hours or less. I have no phone at all so i said to email me. nothing.

angelaho

I have had no servive now for 3 days. Nothing. I am not super web savy so i went to my local place to buy a new Sim card for my phone due to service has just stopped. Got a new Sim that was called in by London drugs and still nothing! I have verified its not my phone, (LG G6) My account is paid up in full. I am on Ticket 3 now and none has any answers for me! 

Not even an email to say yes we are working on it! Nothing! 

Is this how public mobile runs its service? With Covid going on I have no phone! 

This THE worst service i have ever received! Someone please help me!

Angela 

Ticket #9743348

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Who did you phone? There is no one to phone. I’m thinking that changing SIM cards has likely made things into a more complicated mess. What do you mean “paid up in full”? Have you looked at your online account at all to see if there is funds in “Available Funds” to do the renewal? Do you have a credit card registered to do AutoPay every 30 days? Maybe that just failed and needs to be fixed? Do you know what your latest renewal date is/was? There have been glitches with Autopay lately leaving phones out of service occasionally. That isn’t hard to fix but not sure why the SIM card was changed.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.