cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if it's AM or PM in usage history?

Spoon2k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Is there a way to input AM / PM or use 24 hr clock standards when viewing the data usage history to better track your usage to avoid confusion? For example, below is my usage history.  I know for sure i made an outgoing call at 10:45 AM on 25/03/2017 but is the  643 MB web usage at 1:08 PM or AM?  Or does it chronological starts from AM to PM for phone calls then AM to PM for data usage?

25/03/2017 6:14 Web
25/03/2017 1:08 Web   643 MB
25/03/2017 5:42 Outgoing Call
25/03/2017 10:45 Outgoing Call
24/03/2017 6:55 Web
24/03/2017 6:41 Web
24/03/2017 2:09 Incoming Call
24/03/2017 1:14 Incoming Call
23/03/2017 10:38 Web
23/03/2017 10:59 Web

15 REPLIES 15

@marcarli wrote:

I have not seen an explanation of time stamping yet for data reports that is satisfactory.  How to know if it is am  or  pm?

The short answer is that you don't. Newer usage events will be on top, but while the times displayed are in 12 hour format, a.m. and p.m. is not specified.

marcarli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok,  thanks.

@marcarli  If I ever figure it out I'll update the thread and you'll get a notification.

marcarli

ok,  got it.    It still leaves the question of when/why data usage is occuring on the PM report up in the air I guess.

@marcarli  Let me clarify I have 24 hrs time on my phone so I can compare time with my phone usage and my account usage history. However it is difficult to compare data (web) events because my phone does not record data usage and time.

marcarli

Your post is giving me even more concern.   You mention 24 hour time but I have yet to see it.

@marcarli  With data it is very difficult. It shows up anywhere from 3 to 8 hours after being used. But it often seems to appear chronologically opposite of texts and calls. I  did a speed test on mobile data 3 hours ago and im waiting for it to appear in the usage history to give me an idea of the lag time. The only times i can tell the general timing is screenshot that have been backed up on wifi but for some reason have been showing up on my mobile data. They have the time in a 24hr clock so i can compare them otherwise ive been trying to wrap my head around this for months. I cant figure out how im using mobile data while on wifi and rarely using my phone. It seems to me the odd time i use ii for a photo or an app that is not on my tablet its getting recorded as mobile data.

marcarli

Yes,  I agree completely,  this situation is obviously an error or oversight.  It is annoying when I am trying to figure out why I sometimes see larger data usage and don't know the source.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I feel as though if PM's frontend isn't going to show AM/PM it should at least convert the time to 24h time. 

marcarli

I have not seen an explanation of time stamping yet for data reports that is satisfactory.  How to know if it is am  or  pm?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

Usage is reflect in a chronological order - but not in "military time".  Instead of 14:40, it will display 2:30 and the time displayed will be in Eastern Standard Time.

I hope this helps,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A mod would have to weigh in ( @Mary_M or whomever sees this, care to clarify for us?) but I'm 99% sure it's in ascending chronological order, by type.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately, the report does not use 24-hour time stamps 😞

It looks to be ordered chronogically starting with the most recent, so you might only be able to deduce it that way. I DO notice that the web entries are usually delayed (ie. a web entry from the day before would appear in a lump of text message entries from today -- see pic below).

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 11.31.57 PM.png 

Since it looks to be lumped with 25/03/2017 6:14 Web, I'd say it would be PM for both timestamps, unless your routine is data usage at 6:14 AM.

As far as total usage goes your phone may be able to track some of that; iPhone for example will track total call time and total cellular data usage.

On the date/time of usage issue, I can't remember enough details to know whether I made some calls recently after lunch to see if the report uses the 24 hour clock.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would also be great to be able to output/download to excel format.  Could then organize columns or sort by different criteria (just SMS, or Data).   

Need Help? Let's chat.