cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop receiving PM monthy renewal text message ?

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I'm older, and I use my phone very rarely. When I get a text, it's always for something important. I'd like to stop receiving the PM automated text saying that my account has been renewed for another month. Is there any way to unsubscribe from that automated message ?

Thank you !

12 REPLIES 12

@kselmak wrote:

@maggamoka 

I would also urge you not to block any system texts, they will remind you that your credit card is about to expire, that you got or lost your referral, where to complain if you have issues with Publicmobile in a case they refuse to resolve the issues. Probably the most important of all, that your number is in process of being ported, in a case of simjacking you may be able to stop it by logging in and suspending your account then contact moderators.

It's not that frequent, unless you are making tons of referrals and in that case the notification will probably start to sound therapeutic. I see no benefits in every blocking it

I can understand this request, and I've never found any of the mesages from 611 to be of any use. I do consider these text messages to be a minor annoyance, but they are easily ignored. Someone's just a likely to get text unneeded text messges from a friend at a bad time or junk e-mail messages on any given day.

As for the port out attempt notification, I don't see that preventing anything. For that to work, the moderators would have to be instantly accesible, which they're not. If it's a deliberate attempt to take countrol of your phone number, the person likely already has access to your information about your account number and  other infromation saved on your account. Sure, you can try reporting your phone as lost, but then, you're without your service. Nothing would prevent the person from trying again later.

@maggamoka wrote:

Hi,

I'm older, and I use my phone very rarely. When I get a text, it's always for something important. I'd like to stop receiving the PM automated text saying that my account has been renewed for another month. Is there any way to unsubscribe from that automated message ?

Thank you !

You can't unsubsribe, but you can block the messages on many devices. If you're using an Android-based phone and are also using the common Google Messages for text messaging, long press on the 611 message thread and then tap on the block/"do not enter sign" icon. The archive option could also be used (it's an icon that has a downward pointing arrow). .If you do this, your phone will not notifiy you of any messages originating from 611.

rliu1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

now i know how to do it, great

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@maggamoka 

I would also urge you not to block any system texts, they will remind you that your credit card is about to expire, that you got or lost your referral, where to complain if you have issues with Publicmobile in a case they refuse to resolve the issues. Probably the most important of all, that your number is in process of being ported, in a case of simjacking you may be able to stop it by logging in and suspending your account then contact moderators.

It's not that frequent, unless you are making tons of referrals and in that case the notification will probably start to sound therapeutic. I see no benefits in every blocking it

maggamoka

Indeed, I was talking about the PM messages, not the community messages (those notifications are already turned off). I guess you are right gblackma. I will keep those 611 messages just as a verification step. Thank you !

@maggamoka changing those setting will not stop 611 messages. As I said its a great message. And it only comes once every 30 days. And once you don't get it, you know that your autopay credit card failed and something must be done to restore service. Stay safe. 

@maggamoka wrote:

RossN, when I log into my account, on the top right corner, I see "My account", there is no "little icon" ?

@maggamoka just below my account you will see it, it's your little palm tree 😁

maggamoka

RossN, when I log into my account, on the top right corner, I see "My account", there is no "little icon" ?

maggamoka

Oh, I didn't know it came from 611 ? Why is that ? I wouldn't want to block all messages from 611.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@maggamoka wrote:

Hi,

Thank you !

@maggamoka if you click on your little icon top right corner and go into my settings then subscriptions and notifications 

My SubscriptionsNotification SettingsEmail Format

Notification Settings
General Settings

Turn off all push notifications 

Turn off all email notifications 

Turn off all real-time pop-up notifications 

Turn off all mobile notifications 

turn off whatever you don't want 😁

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could try blocking text messages from 611, but would that be a good idea?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@maggamoka  you can't stop it. Personally, I think that the 3 day 611 payment reminder and  payment thankyou messages are very important. Especially the thankyou one. It lets you know that you are good for another cycle. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.