cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop payments?

Vaugh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have 2 pablic mobile phones. I'd like to stop payments for one of them. How to do it? I don't have any accounts. is there any phone # I could call?

12 REPLIES 12

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vaugh wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it does not work because I can change payment options only for the phone number from wich I'm calling. I need to stop payments for another cellphone to which I do not have an access right now, thus, I cannot call from it. Do you have any other idea?

Given that you no longer have access to your phone (therefore can't call 611 from it, nor create a "My Account" since it needs you to confirm a code texted to it), I think your only recourse is to privately message the Moderator Team with your details and have them make the account changes for you.  Obviously you'll need to provide proof that you own the phone number with the correct PIN, but it would make sense to also include the first/last-4 digits of the autopay credit card as further verification.

Vaugh

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it does not work because I can change payment options only for the phone number from wich I'm calling. I need to stop payments for another cellphone to which I do not have an access right now, thus, I cannot call from it. Do you have any other idea?

CalgaryBen

@Vaugh wrote:

On my previous plan I had "My account" and can manage my phone through it. On my current plan there is no such an option.

Is this because the PM account was created by a retailer?  You should still be able to link an e-mail address to the phone number and create "My Account" access to it using the Create Account link.  I can see the challenge if you use exclusively one e-mail address, as the PM self-serve system doesn't allow for one e-mail address to administer multiple phone numbers/accounts, unfortunately.  You'll basically need to use an e-mail provider that allows you to create (or use implied) aliases, or have multiple e-mail accounts.  It's a nuisance, I know...

@Vaugh, ah, I didn't know that was available - I just assumed everyone went to the page https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ and clicked on the Create Account button so they could manage it easily.

Thanks for advising of this.

Vaugh

On my previous plan I had "My account" and can manage my phone through it. On my current plan there is no such an option.

@CalgaryBen, that *611 is slick 🙂  Not having call centre access as I'm not a Pioneer or Legacy customer, I tend to forget about *611.

It even tells you the time of the AutoPay transaction!  My next one is to occur Sept 8 at 2:00 am Eastern!

Vaugh

I mean, I do not want Public mobile charge my credit card )

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Vaugh what do you mean you don't have accounts?  How are you paying for service without an account?

CalgaryBen
@Vaugh wrote:

Hi, I have 2 pablic mobile phones. I'd like to stop payments for one of them. How to do it? I don't have any accounts. is there any phone # I could call?

Dial 611 on the phone you want to terminate payments on.  You will be greeted by a message telling you if autopay is scheduled, and the time/date that this will occur.  At the prompt, press 5 to add/remove auto-pay.  Note that you will need to have your 4-digit PIN to proceed.

Vaugh

I have an autopayment. How to remove it?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vaugh, if you have auto pay in the affected account, simply removing it will stop payment.  If top up is the payment scheme, do not top up.  There are no other special actions required.  If there are no funds available to support renewal, the renewal will simply not happen and service will stop. 

Need Help? Let's chat.