cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set-up Access Point Name Tethering correctly

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I forgot to mention to the PM Team when I was at that thing on Tuesday, They should have a set-up guide for APN Tethering as well. I am now using my cell for tethering, just light work stuff, or for playing on my mobile handheld.

I know that APN is one thing, but the APN Tethering set-up is another step, otherwise how would you be able to tether devices to your mobile device as a mobile wi-fi hotspot?

3 REPLIES 3

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@makkhan28, I think with this APN you are confusing people even more, Regular APN works just fine with tethering if it's setup correctly

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

In the mobile version of this site, there is a magnifying glass near the top left. That's where the search engine is. Enter "tethering" without the quotation marks, and 4 results will appear. Click the one that mentions calling Telus, and follow Cyber's instructions.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

If lets say your mobile phone, which has all settings set up, gets lost, stolen or broken and you bought new handheld, APN in simple enough.

But setting up the Tethering portion is also important, like where to place dunn in specific place. This is certainly a important tip and piece of info as well. 

Anyways, thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.