cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see how much data i have left?

bulia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have the 3 month plan for 12 gigs

where can i see how much data ive used and how much i have a left on a MONTHLY basis?

the "usage" window is arcane and useless, where is the aggregated view?

37 REPLIES 37

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WearySky wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

@WearySky - Agreed on that UI design... I would think that it would shout out that the data limit was hit and perhaps offer a top-up for the one billing cycle.

#FutureEnhancement?

I created a Public Lab thread just now with a suggestion to at the very least still show your usage when yu've hit the cap

Cool - thanks!

Heeeyyyy, wait a minute! Did you just steal "my" copyrighted idea??? 😱

Get the lawyers out!!!!!

WearySky

@TheOldVR wrote:

@WearySky - Agreed on that UI design... I would think that it would shout out that the data limit was hit and perhaps offer a top-up for the one billing cycle.

#FutureEnhancement?

I created a Public Lab thread just now with a suggestion to at the very least still show your usage when yu've hit the cap

TheOldVR

Wow - 12GBs burned through.... might be a rogue app, or someone has some s'plaining to do as they've been watching too much YouTube Smiley Tongue.

#FutureEnhancement?

bulia

well that solves that riddle!

guess i'll have get some manual data cap apps or something to watch out for our consumption

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@WearySky

Unfortunately, the usage will no longer be available online once fully consumed! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

WearySky

@Shazia_K really?  That seems like a poor interface design choice.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @bulia

I just took a look at your account and I see that you have fully consumed your allocated data for this billing cycle.

Once the allocated data is used up completely, the usage is no longer available on the overview page of your self-serve account. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @bulia

Sorry to hear about this, 

I did receive a private message from you but I think you forgot to add your account number and phone number.

Can you please send me this info? 

Thanks,

Shazia

ute1978

I would also recommend getting the App "My Data Manager" where you can set your plans and monitor your data usage. I've been using it for 8 months and I am very happy so far. The app is pretty accurate.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Seems like we'll need a mod to look into the account. I'd send a detailed private message to Shaz, I tagged her above. She'll be able to you guys.

ute1978

And nothing in the "Add-on Usage"?

For me the 1GB is part of the plan (grandfathered) but appears in the add-ons.

usage 2.PNG

bulia

@Rockdaddy22

samsung s7

don't know about updates, if there was an update in the last month maybe? We use wifi at home to update apps and stuff. I specifically turned that to manual so she doesn't eat up her data. 

WearySky

@bulia wrote:

honestly i'd prefer to talk to a person, but if this is the way is there a particular mod or group of mods that will address my issue?

As mentioned above, there's no way to talk to a person with PM.  It's all online only.  You can PM any of the mods mentioned in this post - it doesn't matter which one, as it goes into a shared pool that all the mods will see.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
What kind of phone is this, have you guys done any updates on the phone?

It shouldn't matter which phone it is - the self service portal isn't showing the data add-on for  @bulia's account. 🙂

Rockdaddy22
What kind of phone is this, have you guys done any updates on the phone?

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you please look into this. Shaz is a great mod, you could send the private message to her if you'd like.

Public Mobile has no telephone support, no way to talk to a person.

bulia

@Rockdaddy22

>Maybe you could check via 611 for now. Is data working?

this is my wife's phone (she's not good with tech), i'll call from her phone when i'm home

data DID work, and then it stopped, we assumed it was because she was over her limit (3 gigs/month), which is possible given her usage.. but if you guys are telling me its 12 gigs/90 days, then no way she burned through that so quickly

@stonechucker

>I would suggest signing out, clearing your cache and cookies, and closing the browser to reset everything.

this is the first time im accessing the account page, there isn't anythign to reset

@WearySky
>the mods are going to ask you to PM them your account information so they can look into it... So rather than wait for them to see this post and respond, you can be proactive and just send it to them in a private message now.

honestly i'd prefer to talk to a person, but if this is the way is there a particular mod or group of mods that will address my issue?

WearySky

@ShawnC13 the reason people were suggesting going to the plan usage page is because the addon section isn't showing usage for this particular user account, for some reason.  Likely just an account glitch.  Mods have already been tagged though, so not much else that we can do on this.

@bulia - the mods are going to ask you to PM them your account information so they can look into it... So rather than wait for them to see this post and respond, you can be proactive and just send it to them in a private message now.

(as an aside - I've just checked my usage and I have like 7GB left before my renewal on Jan 25.  Having so little data on Rogers has really trained me not to use much data these days.  Time to go crazy!)

@stonechucker  I know I came from a plan of sharing 2.5gb a month with my wife.  She has only used just over 1gb.  Withth e fall promo we had to jump on it and we may get the kids a new plan and see if we can swap numbers on the plans but I do like having it if I need it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13, Hey Shawn, you've got soooo much left for less than 30 days, are you going to bing hi quality Spotify for the next few weeks?

@will13am  You can look in the addon section to monitor your data for a quick overview rather then going into plan usage.  I have the same plan as this member and here is my screen shot

Data Addon.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

At this point, @bulia, I would suggest signing out, clearing your cache and cookies, and closing the browser to reset everything.

Then sign back in, and try again.  It could be just bad cache files or temp internet files.

@bulia wrote:

phone.png

From the aforementioned screen, click on View My Usage in the upper left Account Status box.  You should not be viewing the addons section.  That is where you purchase additional services not included in the 90 day plan.  The addons purchased are kept separate from the normal plan features and thus tracked separately. 

TheOldVR

Probably worth tagging a Mod like @Saray_O for a hand once they get though any earlier requests that they have....

VR

@swz5005  that is the problem it is not showing for him.  Look at his screen shots on previous page of this thread

swz5005
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can see it through self-serve page after login. 

TheOldVR

Edit: I was late to the game, looks like you don't have what I've shown below...  

--------------

Do you have something like shown below? 

Data Add-ons
  Add-on NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
12GB Data 737.401 Active

Rockdaddy22
Maybe you could check via 611 for now. Is data working?

Rockdaddy22
Very strange 😞

bulia

phone2.jpg

What does it say when you click on Plan details to see what is in your plan

Need Help? Let's chat.