cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive text message from oversea

timpham87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently in Vietnam.  My cell phone has the area code from Montreal (514), I need to receive the authorization code via text message from an institution from Canada (the CIBC Bank).  Please let me know what I need to do to receive the text message.  Much thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

timpham87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@timpham87  if your bank does not provide an alternative 2FA option (secret questions) then your only option is to call them and explain your situation.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to either buy a local sim or use Gigsky.  If you have access to wifi then you could use an app like Textnow.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@timpham87 if it can't wait, you can get a family/friend to purchase a sim in Canada and tell them to give you the sim number. then you can login and change the sim to the one the family/friend has. they can then put the sim into an unlocked device. and receive the text for you. be aware that when you do this, the sim you have with you will no longer work. when you come back to Canada, you can just use the sim your family/friend has

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@timpham87 wrote:

I am currently in Vietnam.  My cell phone has the area code from Montreal (514), I need to receive the authorization code via text message from an institution from Canada (the CIBC Bank).  Please let me know what I need to do to receive the text message.  Much thanks.

@timpham87 hi sorry your public sim will not work in vietnam 

Need Help? Let's chat.