cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port phone number from current provider

aszures
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm sure this topic is already covered somewhere, but I seem to be trouble finding it. Anyway, I was wondering how one would bring their phone number from their previous existing provider, (for me that is Bell) and bring their phone number to Public Mobile.

Thanks so much for the help.

Tom

8 REPLIES 8

@primo2018 wrote:

@Zia_219 don't port!!! Mine failed  and Public Mobile is in no way assisting me. I have been unable to receive calls for over 24 hours now with no resolution. I swear you will break the universe and there is no service here.

If it's been that long you will need to contact the Mods with a private message and include your private information. 

primo2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Zia_219 don't port!!! Mine failed  and Public Mobile is in no way assisting me. I have been unable to receive calls for over 24 hours now with no resolution. I swear you will break the universe and there is no service here.

Zia_219
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The process is very simple as long as you keep your old phone number active while you are activating your new plan on PM.

First login to your PM account. Then you can go to Plan and Add-Ons then Change Phone Number and then Transfer a wireless or wireline number. From there on you will be prompted on what to do next.

aszures

Thank you very much! 🙂

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Here's some tips:

0. Sign up with the PM community - obviously you did this already. Brush up on how to send a moderator a message in case something goes wrong. Be sure to include as much information on both accounts (Bell and PM) as possible.

1. You don't have to notify Bell of the port out.

2. You should not cancel your Bell service, otherwise you'll lose your number and there will be nothing to port.

3. Timing of your port out is important to maximize your money. In other words, you should *NOT* port out at the beginning of your Bell's billing cycle as you have paid Bell already for the month. You should port near the end, but do *NOT* port out on the last day as there could be issues! If you don't care and you want to port immediately, then go for it.

4. It is important that you have all the information from Bell as you will need it when signing up with PM. PM needs it for the porting process. I'm not sure as to the exact information, but your bell account number for sure. Make sure when you type in your name it is exactly the same as the one used on your Bell account.

5. Make sure your Bell account is current and in good standing.

6. Make sure your internet browser is current with no add-ons that disable ads, cookies, or javascript. These may cause problems.

narendrabera

So simple. Never deactivate your current phone account. Get your current provider account number and go to public mobile annd ask them to portable it. 

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From what I have seen on these forums, for one you should NOT cancel your account with Bell (the account will close automatically when ported). As for the actual port, there is a section when setting up your account that asks if you are porting a number. I believe you can also do it after account set-up through the ‘change phone number’ tab.

Finally, search ‘port a number’ in the forum search. You’ll find lots of input!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aszures

Login to your self serve account and select

[Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Change Phone Number ]--> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number]

Make sure keeping you number active in order to port a number to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.