cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to permanently disable/remove Voice Mail on my account?

rybshik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How  can I  permanently disable/remove Voice Mail on my account?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dduong wrote:

Forward to an unreahable number is exactly what I need as turning on extended absence still initiate the call to the voicemail.  This would sill count towards as usage and eventually empty my minutes (as I am on a minimum plan and get so many missed calls).  I can't believe there is no way to turn off voicemail!!!

Can someone please help or provide more details on how to do this: "So I changed the 1 to a 9 et voila, it works, but it has to be an unreachable number. I got lucky on my first try."

Callers landing in voicemail do NOT use minutes of limited minute plans. This isn't a thing to worry about. You using the handset to retrieve voicemail messages would. So use another phone to retrieve them.

You would still see calls coming to your phone that you ignore or block. The voicemail box has a maximum of messages allowed. The Extended absence can turn off being able to record anyway.

The problem with a fake number is that callers will get a nasty message and might think the number is defunct.

dduong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Forward to an unreahable number is exactly what I need as turning on extended absence still initiate the call to the voicemail.  This would sill count towards as usage and eventually empty my minutes (as I am on a minimum plan and get so many missed calls).  I can't believe there is no way to turn off voicemail!!!

Can someone please help or provide more details on how to do this: "So I changed the 1 to a 9 et voila, it works, but it has to be an unreachable number. I got lucky on my first try."

Geezer

Kudos to @firstdataplan for coming up with the proper answer to the voice mail problem for us 50 minute plan users. This is tested and works. Mind you it cost me 25 minutes of time to test it. Even if you have call forwarding turned off on your phone they forward your calls. Even if you dismiss the incoming call with your power button the call is still going on in the background and is forwarded. The network won't let you turn off call forwarding. You can't delete the voicemail number in the phone settings but you can change the number. So I changed the 1 to a 9 et voila, it works, but it has to be an unreachable number. I got lucky on my first try. I even put that number on a block list so I couldn't call it myself and the phone still lets me call that number. Seems like the network has too much control over my phone.

So once again, thankyou for the answer and a Bravo going out to you. Maybe the guy that received 17 Bravos for his "misinformation" could send some love your way.

Tested on Samsung A5 2017 model. A query to a MOD was very helpful as they reset my time to 50 for me. Most appreciative.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@firstdataplan here's a viable workaround:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

firstdataplan

yes, I got the same message too.  but another work around is to forward it to a unreachable phone number, then you are fine.

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Trying to disable voice mail but getting the following error.

Moto g +4

IMG_2500.JPG

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well I've never done it with PM but when I was with Wind, I disabled my voicemail just by turning off call forwarding altogether. That's essentially what voicemail is, if you don't pick up/reject/are unavailable, the caller gets directed to another number. 

Changes from phone to phone but I can tell you how to do it on an Android/Nexus device. Go to phone, click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right corner, hit settings, click calls, click call call forwarding, choose each of the options and click turn off for all of them. It's a similar process on other phones as well. 

Need Help? Let's chat.