cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to invoke new US roaming?

fosibehr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I bought the new $20 US roaming package. I'm in the US now (Watertown,NY) and no service on my phone except for emergencies. How do I make this package happen?

8 REPLIES 8

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just make sure you enable roaming.  it's disabled on most phones, but you have to enable it or your phone won't work in the US

nellium

I'm trying to tap on the forbidden networks, but I am getting nothing from it(they appear to not be active buttons). I do see 311870 4G which seems to be criket mobile or w/e it's called. but AT&T and T-Mo don't seem to work. Any other ideas? 

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My moms been having the same problem. I'll  have her try this right away! Thanks for posting this!

fosibehr
My issue is resolved. Long story short, I turned off "Choose automatically" in "Network Operators". AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon popped up. All said "forbidden" in brackets beside each network. I picked AT&T and it registered. I tried the others and they would not register. I did some web browsing and then went back to my PM account and I saw the usage recorded. Phone calls in and out work too. Hopefully this may help others in resolving similar issues. Thanks to those who took the time to help.

fosibehr
Yup....cycled many times. It could be I need to adjust access point. I'll play with this some more and report findings later

Did you cycle your phone on and off?  Just grasping at straws for things to try so can get you running

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fosibehr
Yes, did that. I had the $20 available funds, bought the package, funds went to zero and package shows up as purchased.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

From others having a similar situation I have read that they have had to go into their self serve portal and it will probably show that you have $20 available funds.  They then re-ordered the 10 day add-on and it took the money from available funds and the package was active

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.