cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my Data Usage each month to zero?

FredFernbach22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can my data usage go to zero every month?

I have 1Gb of data and I don't see it go to zero every month when my plan goes to renew.

can anyone tell me why? 

11 REPLIES 11

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@pkaraa wrote:

If you are on $25 plan with autopay then you r data is 1GB and that should go to zero on the renewal date. If that counter is stuck then contact support.

Do you really think it is a good idea to contact support if data counter is stuck? 😈

ha, ha!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FredFernbach22 

If you are looking at your data counter in self serve at renewal it will reset at midnight eastern. Zig your mobile data is on it will reset with the 5mb buffer. If your mobile data or your phone is powered off it should reset at zero. You can toggle airplane mode on and it will reset to zero. Toggle off and the 5mb buffer will reappear.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One possibility is That 1GB data could be a bonus (holiday bonus etc.) which is not reset to zero each month.

It ll be carried over to next month until used completely.

If you are on $25 plan with autopay then you r data is 1GB and that should go to zero on the renewal date. If that counter is stuck then contact support.

As mentioned a screenshot of your data minus personal info will help.

@Quigley wrote:

@Yummy 

You misunderstood what the OP is saying. Reread the post again, slowly. lol

Thank you @Quigley . I thought he has 1GB as part of the plan.

But it looks like OP talks about add-on? It is not exactly clear. I would assume OP might mention 1GB is getting lower and lower every month...

Screenshot would clarify misunderstanding.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@FredFernbach22 wrote:

I have 1Gb of data and I don't see it go to zero every month when my plan goes to renew.

can anyone tell me why? 

When it goes to zero....all used up......it disappears on your  My Account

When your account renews every 30 days the new full amount shows. 

Unused Data does not carry over. 

If you buy add on data it carries over until all used up. But when you new allotment is assigned you will use that first and then on to your add on if needed.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@FredFernbach22 wrote:

can anyone tell me why? 

@FredFernbach22 

Is that 1GB of data a Add-on?

Add-ons don't expire if you don't use them, they will keep rolling over "month to month" until they are used up.

@Yummy 

I think you may have  misunderstood what the OP is saying. Reread the post again, slowly.   lol

You are first to 'complain' that cannot use all data as per plan 🙂 Usually people want more and more data to have or complain they are using it too fast.

If you do not browse internet with your phone, watch movies, etc. then it is possible not to use all data.

You can provide screenshot of you account to confirm you are not used all your data.

Yummy_0-1634748027902.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FredFernbach22 

check it out your background data,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

update:: or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,to them check it out your account.

@FredFernbach22 

It does reset to zero at midnight EST  on your renewal date, but then later in the day you'll notice there's a 5mb buffer added. It's normal. Doesn't count towards your usage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FredFernbach22 : Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page from here. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.