cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find your account number

Bisramro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to locate my 14-digit account number. From the main page when I enter in my phone number the self-service system says it does not recognize the number period when I enter in the email address it says that it does not recognize the address. Does anyone have a way around this problem especially given that there is no customer service with this company? 

17 REPLIES 17

@Neebanshan Account number is often used as idenfification to port a number. Are you porting out?   Do you need to to open a ticket. There is other info that can be used if you forgot the account password for opening a ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neebanshan : Did you read the thread and find your answer that you blanked out your question?

The account number is also in the To: of the welcome email. You may need to look in the headers.

@Neebanshan 

Neebanshan

@Bisramro wrote:

Yes I am a long time customer and very used to being able to speak to a live person. I am not good with technology and it's hard for me. 

Some cell phone users might not want to learn this online support model. That's ok, and there are other options, including Telus and Koodo. Public Mobile is good for earning rewards to get a low price if you can get used to the online support.

@Bisramro 

I understand your frustration with technology. I avoided it like the plague but last year i finally had it with ridiculously expensive phone bills an overbilling that i found public mobile. I dove in head first with an open mind knowing i had a huge learning curve to overcome....but it is possible to cram 30 years of technological advances into a year of learning.......and come out ahead. So to speak....like i didnt even know how to copy and paste! If you change your mind we'll be happy to help you learn as well......

Bisramro

Yes I am a long time customer and very used to being able to speak to a live person. I am not good with technology and it's hard for me. 

Last year when I traveled quite a bit I was able to easily call in and change my plan for the duration of my vacation. 

at this time I'm looking to leave Public Mobile altogether and I just simply wanted my account number in order to activate on the other end. 

Thank you for taking the time to leave a polite message and understanding that I was a longtime customer. unfortunately some of the other people in the community who responded this evening were not as courteous as you were. 

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bisramro 

Oh so you're a long time customer. Yes. That feature for older legacy customers was removed what a year and half ago or so.

Now we go through the chatbot or even just a direct private message to the moderator team.

Have you done that? If you just did private message, it's alleged that that would take longer than going through the stupid chatbot.

I hope you get things sorted out. I've been here about 2.5 years and rarely need account assistance and on those rare occasions I've had a sufficiently fine experience with it.

@Bisramro 

Unfortunately if you require occasional call centre service youve chosen the wrong mobile provider. But the moderators offer much longer working hours than many providers call centres and their higher prices.

Follow @hairbag1 advice to log into your account but i would add that after clearing your browser you reboot your phone. Then open one tab only  in secret/incognito mode using firefox, chrome or safari.

If you still encounter issues i personally prefer to send a private message to the moderators.

. Be sure to include a detailed message and include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account 

2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests.

@Bisramro Public Mobile does not hide the fact that they do not have a call center. They do not hide the fact that there is no one to talk to when issues arise. They do not hide the fact that all of their customer service is done online. The pic below is off of their main page. If you signed up knowing this then you can't really complain now. If you signed up and didn't know this, well how is that Public Mobile's fault? I hope you land somewhere that provides you the in person service you need with the price you like. Sorry it didn't work out here.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.27.16 PM.png

Bisramro

It's clear that you and I shared different definition of what customer service is. 

Technology can fail and when it does there needs to be a live person that you should be able to contact right away. Last year when I traveled and needed to get in contact with a live human being I was able to call *611 and speak to someone directly. the current issue I have has been ongoing for about a week and no one has gotten back to me. 

While I appreciate your assistance perhaps what I meant to say was the quality of the customer service is very poor. 

Thank you for you assistance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bisramro wrote:

I'm trying to locate my 14-digit account number. From the main page when I enter in my phone number the self-service system says it does not recognize the number period when I enter in the email address it says that it does not recognize the address. Does anyone have a way around this problem especially given that there is no customer service with this company? 

Did you ever create a self-serve account? To do so you use the right hand side of the My Account page.

If you did create an account (if you activated yourself online then you would have already) then you use the left side of the My Account page. That side also has a Forgot your password? link. There you type in your email address and then answer your security question and then you'll get the password reset email to your registered account.

Your account number is also embedded in the To: of the welcome email that you would get at activation. Look in all your inboxes for the welcome email from here.

@Bisramro wrote:

That part I know. The problem is that this online platform does not recognize my cell phone number or my email address. There is no live person to talk to and I have no way of accessing the account number. I'm actually trying to leave Public Mobile because of the customer service being so crappy

Well @JoyLuck has provided you with directions to start process of moderator assistance.

Meanwhile, you can try to get into your account again in an hour. Clear your cache files and try a different web browser...Firefox seems to work ok. Use incognito mode.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Bisramro wrote:

... especially given that there is no customer service with this company? 

@Bisramro Where did you get the idea that there is no customer service? That is incorrect. All customer service is done online. People often post here with issues and often we (fellow customers) can help solve the issue. Otherwise feel free to contact customer service online. They are called moderators. I have had occasion to contact them 3 times and all three times the replies were prompt. 

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the chat bubble bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.40.34 PM.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Bisramro

That part I know. The problem is that this online platform does not recognize my cell phone number or my email address. There is no live person to talk to and I have no way of accessing the account number. I'm actually trying to leave Public Mobile because of the customer service being so crappy

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bisramro wrote:

If you can successfully log in to your account...you should see your account number top right side of page.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Bisramro wrote:

You need your email address to log into self service. Look for the welcome message from PM in your email accounts. If you cannot find it contact a moderator for assistance getting into your account.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.