cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend the number of rings of incoming call on Public Mobile? ?

jrprvs2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Does anyone know how to do this? 
9 REPLIES 9

MALoz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

These directions work best for me.

Hehe @darlicious sometimes life gets in the way of the forum here, but it looks like @esjliv got the beans with great screenshots to boot!

The only thing I can add is that here is a list of all of the currently known regional deposit/access numbers across Canada. Any of them should function identically, but probably best to determine the one automatically assigned to you using *#61# as @esjliv described:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

(and also technically, dialing *61*19025804001*11*30# can be shortened to *61*19025804001**30# since voice service is assumed)

@Nezgar 

I thought you would have been all over this one.....Ive got something to add to @maximum_gato  wishlist......

@jrprvs2000 

Our voicemail guru @Nezgar  has some awesome posts on how to take advantage of your voicemail features. Keep an eye out for his posts or tag him when you need his expertise.

jrprvs2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think this worked! I received a successful voicemail registration update...just testing it now...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jrprvs2000 ,

If you wish to increase or decrease the number of rings, enter in your phone's dialer **61*+1(your 10-digit regional voicemail number without spaces)*11*30#. In this example, 30 represents 30 seconds, which equals 5 rings, the maximum allowable. If you want 4 rings, change 30 to 25, and so forth.

To give you a visual...this is what you dial to see what your current setting is already set at:

*#61#

Then you will see your current setting, looking something like this:

Rings before Voicemail

to change to 30 seconds, this would be entered:

**61*19025804001*11*30#

Hi @jrprvs2000 

Better yet,  try this - it may be more applicable: (please let us know which set of directions worked for you)

Dial this sequence: *61 *16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

1. For one ring, enter 5.
  2. For two rings, enter 10.
  3. For three rings, enter 15.
  4. For four rings, enter 20.
  5. For five rings, enter 25.
  6. For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @jrprvs2000 

Dial *#61# , then hit (send)

You should be able to set it there as well.

I believe *#61# is only for the no answer forwarding which is how voicemail is activated.  You need to supply the voicemail number and the ring duration.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jrprvs2000 , give this a try.  The Public Mobile voicemail number is (your area code)580-4001.

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Number-of-Rings-on-Android

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jrprvs2000 

Dial *#61# , then hit (send)

You should be able to set it there as well.

see my below reply - please disregard this one

Need Help? Let's chat.