cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plynndy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to disable voicemail?

Hi, I'm new with public mobile. I realized that voicemail was setup automatically, is there a way to disable voicemail?

Accepted Solutions
plynndy

Re: How to disable voicemail?

@barndoor 

Thanks for mentioning it. Did more searching within the community and found this solution:
Solved: Re: How to disable voicemail? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

To set, dial: *004*8080000000#
To reset to default, dial: #004#

View solution in original post

All Replies
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@plynndy : There's no way to disable it. All you can do is not allow callers to leave a message through the extended absence option. Why is this a concern? Are you concerned about minutes consumption? Callers calling and leaving messages doesn't use minutes.

plynndy

My understanding is that accessing messages left in voicemail would use up my outgoing minutes?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@plynndy : That is correct. But you can also use any other phone to check those messages. Or use a voip app on wifi or mobile data.

plynndy

How do I go about using other phones to access my voicemails?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@plynndy : Call your number. When your recording starts, press the * key and then type in your code and you'll be in your voicemail.

plynndy

Thank you!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@plynndy : Here's another tip. Log in to the self-serve and use the Reset Voicemail Password function. That resets it to your 10 digit number. Now you can do initial set up on that different phone (or voip app) too rather than having to use minutes.

plynndy

Wouldn't work...initial setup needs to be from public mobile phone number itself

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@plynndy 

You can disable it  ...you just need the right person here to give you the code to put in . 

I did it a month ago ...I just didn't right down the number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.