cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change username

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, I changed internet providers and need to change my username (email address) but I don't see anywhere to do this, any ideas? thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@dabr Aaah, the future when SIMon has been perfected. 

HI, I'm SIMon. Welcome to PM.HI, I'm SIMon. Welcome to PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Wonder if PM will edit all the solutions that said: "You can Edit username in your profile."?  Robot LOL

Yeah, I noticed, when I did a quick search, that there are threads that say you can do the email change, and others that say no, so we have a wee bit of contradictory info. Would be nice to have that ability to change it ourselves, since I've been thinking about switching internet providers, which would end up with my current email address, in my PM profile, going down the drain.

There used to be a Change Username function in one's Profile but it has been deleted. The confusion arose because, while Username could be changed, the original email address used to activate an account could only be changed by a moderator. 

I would like to see a single sign on for accounts and community; would need to be community username for privacy of course.

@Luddite  When I needed to change an email from an account last summer, that was how I understood it too, that changing the email in profile doesn't 'officially' change it in PM's system, hence the need to ask moderators.   Having a single sign would definitely be more practical too, hopefully some of these changes are in the works for the future.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Wonder if PM will edit all the solutions that said: "You can Edit username in your profile."?  Robot LOL

Yeah, I noticed, when I did a quick search, that there are threads that say you can do the email change, and others that say no, so we have a wee bit of contradictory info. Would be nice to have that ability to change it ourselves, since I've been thinking about switching internet providers, which would end up with my current email address, in my PM profile, going down the drain.

There used to be a Change Username function in one's Profile but it has been deleted. The confusion arose because, while Username could be changed, the original email address used to activate an account could only be changed by a moderator. 

I would like to see a single sign on for accounts and community; would need to be community username for privacy of course.

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Yeah, kinda messed up..... I figured this had to be a no-brainer, so I logged into my account, saw my email address listed in the Profile section, noticed the "Edit Profile" link, clicked it, and then was dumbfounded to see there was no way to change the email address! 😮   Wonder if there's some security reason for this, or it's yet another limitation of the system.....

Just checked too, and seems we're stuck contacting the moderators. That facility has been removed sometime in the last 2 months. Robot Sad

Yeah, kinda messed up..... I figured this had to be a no-brainer, so I logged into my account, saw my email address listed in the Profile section, noticed the "Edit Profile" link, clicked it, and then was dumbfounded to see there was no way to change the email address! 😮   Wonder if there's some security reason for this, or it's yet another limitation of the system.....

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Hey guys, I changed internet providers and need to change my username (email address) but I don't see anywhere to do this, any ideas? thanks

You'll need to contact moderators to change your email address.  I did:)

Here's a link to contact them: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

@Mountainmaxman  You need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to change it for you.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman , you can't do it. I tried to, and could not find a way to do it.

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.