Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel my service

Shaghana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

16 REPLIES 16

Ellen49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for all this effort! I have been fortunate and the moderator has resolved the issue.

Ellen

Ellen49

Thank you so very much for this help. I will open a ticket.

Ellen

HI @Ellen49 

Sorry for your loss

If it was using your credit card, a quick way is to ask your credit card to "charge back" the last PM charge.  Once charge back is made, account will be closed

Or the proper way is to open ticket with PM Support.  Please message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

Ellen49

sorry yes thought it was an answer to a message sent (but not to community).

My issue is my hus died 7th Nov and his phone is on auto paid by my credit card. He died unexpectedly and left no pword access on his computer so I don't have the ability to just stop paying for his phone. How do I stop payment. My credit card provider says they cannot do this for me other than shutting down the whole credit card account.

don't know if this makes sense and I thank you for even trying at this challenging time in my life. Ellen.

HI @Ellen49   this is an old post!!

Are you still trying to activate PM service?

Or you got it up and running already?

Ellen49

an old Lt 4g  - I'm now in Ont and the phone stayed home in Nova Scotia, sorry.

@Ellen49  , as @Triguy  asked,  could you please tell the make and model of your phone? Thanks. We need this in order to assist you further.

What brand and model of phone do you have ?  Is it unlocked ?

Ellen49

...was my 2nd post and I didn't know I could activate it in a shop? Tried to do it in PublicMobile online and yes, did online research but nothing they suggested changed the fact that the sim was not recognised in my phone. I don't have another cell phone to check it on.

So wasn't threatening, sincerely meant it - chill.

E

@Ellen49 

I just checked, this was your first post to the community about your lack of service. What have you done previously to fix the problem? If activated at a dealer you should have left there with service. Do it yourself activations can have many different glitches that cause various problems depending on your phone and previous provider (if porting your number in) so you either do some online research or you ask for help, not threaten to cancel. 

AE_Collector

@Ellen49 wrote:

...well I agree with this person wanting to cancel...a newbie myself and got not response to my query about sim card and I've paid - they've received the $$ but no phone service at all!

E

@Ellen49...before you jump...give us a bit more info. You ordered a sim and it didn't arrive...is that correct ?

@Ellen49 wrote:

...well I agree with this person wanting to cancel...a newbie myself and got not response to my query about sim card and I've paid - they've received the $$ but no phone service at all!

E

Please contact a Moderator who can access your account to assist you:

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page.

Step 2: Type in “moderator”

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Ellen49

E

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaghana 

There's no real cancel per se.

1. Port out - closes account

2. Stop paying for renewals - 90 days of suspension leads to a closed account

3. If you have enough balance on the account to pay the plan cost then use the lost/stolen feature to suspend the account - ditto 90 days

4. Officially, you can ask the moderators to cancel the account.

Any of the above will lose all account features like Available Funds and loyalty time and kill the SIM.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Shaghana 

Do you have any money on your account?

It will not go back to your credit card if you just cancel. After 90 days you will lose the account and everything on it.

If at any point you change your mind within those 90 days, you only need to make a payment to restart everything.

Best luck

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Shaghana  may I ask why? Is there a problem with the service?  If you post what it is, we may be able to rectify it for you. And you may even decide to stay. 

Need Help? Let's chat.