cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access images

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Firefox has changed their browser. How do I find the permissions in the site identity to allow Firefox to load my images for public mobile?

22 REPLIES 22

@darlicious you need to give firefox more permissions. go to your settings menu on your phone and go the apps category where it shows all your installed apps. the look for Firefox and give it permissions to your storage

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

My S2 tablet is running Android 7. This wasn't an issue until Firefox reinvented itself the other day. The camera icon switched to a landscape icon on Firefox but remains a camera ionc Google chrome.

 These are the options it gives me and only recent images that are still on my device or have been downloaded. It does not give me the option to give Firefox permission to access them.

You could try going into Apps and give it the camera permission. Then turn it off after if it doesn't help.

But that hamburger left of Images...what's there?

@Anonymous 

My S2 tablet is running Android 7. This wasn't an issue until Firefox reinvented itself the other day. The camera icon switched to a landscape icon on Firefox but remains a camera ionc Google chrome.

Screenshot_20200831-201220.png

 These are the options it gives me and only recent images that are still on my device or have been downloaded. It does not give me the option to give Firefox permission to access them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what you're running but my Samsung S7 running A8 has the following:
Click photo icon in icon bar above textbox.
Allow Firefox to take and record video? (Oh alright ok now I will...I'll remove you in a minute)
Select an action
Files
hamburger menu upper left
Here you should see your cloud storage locations

But maybe you're running something else.

@gpixel 

No my Google photos....i can only access what's been downloaded which is about 100 vs 75000.

On Google everytime I hit the return key the keyboard disappears and unless your in the thread I can't tag anyone because the keyboard disappears everytime I hit the ampersand. Very annoying.....

@darlicious I know what you mean. as soon as I press enter to create a new paragraph, the keyboard minimizes. at first I thought it was chrome, but I don't have this issue on other forums. so i think pm changed something on the website. 

what photos are you speaking of? your profile photos?

So I uninstalled Firefox. Waited a couple of days and reinstalled it. I muddled thru mor or less figuring out the changes but i still cant access my photos. I've been switching between Firefox and Google. On Google everytime I hit the return key the keyboard disappears and unless your in the thread I can't tag anyone because the keyboard disappears everytime I hit the ampersand. Very annoying.....

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oh I thought I was going to learn how to do this no the pictures are gone from the post can you repost them I learn good from pictures. I guess I'm only on Google Chrome too I don't have Firefox I think this new F1 phone has so many apps on it I don't know what half of them do most of the time.

Yes that does work...that much I do know! Lol....

@darlicious wrote:

Does that work on a tablet?

ohh, i do not think the keyboard short cuts work on a tablet.  😕

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app 
  2. To the right of the address bar, tap More   New Incognito tab
  3. A new window appears. In the top left, check for the Incognito icon 

If it does work - let us know!

Does that work on a tablet?

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

I had originally switched from chrome to Firefox because chrome had a tendency to stop working but it works for now....

@darlicious - Well that is good news. 🙂

In case you do not know, (and I find this useful!) keyboard short cuts to open a tab in incognito mode:

*Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.

*Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

@esjliv 

I had originally switched from chrome to Firefox because chrome had a tendency to stop working but it works for now....

@darlicious wrote:

@RosieR 

Yeah it went something like that.....uninstalled Firefox back on chrome. Going to try now in chrome and Firefox can go hibernate and see if I allow it on my tablet again.

@darlicious ,

I am very happy with Chrome. Hopefully, you find something that works!

@RosieR 

Yeah it went something like that.....uninstalled Firefox back on chrome. Going to try now in chrome and Firefox can go hibernate and see if I allow it on my tablet again.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Firefox has changed their browser. How do I find the permissions in the site identity to allow Firefox to load my images for public mobile?

Hi @darlicious I don;'t use Firefox so I can't be of any help.  I hope you figure this out asap and tell your bf "thank you for nothing!"  Just kidding 😂

Yes @darlicious  may fix the other problem too.

Now i have a bigger problem...the bf in his brilliance mucked around and managed to disable my security on Firefox how do i restore this? Uninstall firefox and reinstall?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious I gave up on Firefox awhile ago. I use Opera now and am very happy with it. 

@esjliv 

I've clicked on every icon there is there is not a " more info" to click on....please realise I have tried the steps before posting. The non techie brain is overloaded with the inability to grasp an easy concept. Screaming and yelling has already occurred and the tablet has been tossed several feet onto a couch.....is it the shield icon or the padlock icon? We're talking Firefox for dummies......

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @darlicious ,

Does this work?

Check image permissions for a specific website
  1. Click the Site Identity Button (the website's icon to the left of its address).
  2. Click the More information… button in the prompt. The Page Info window will open.
  3. Select the Permissions panel.
  4. Make sure Allow is selected next to Load Images.
  5. Close the Page Info window.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show

Need Help? Let's chat.