cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is the $120 12gb promo plan really coming down to with tax on a monthly basis?

motionsiknes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just curious if the plan comes around to $40/month with tax included or is that without tax. 

Cheers

18 REPLIES 18

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

To be exact, if you calculate it monthly, it is little bit more than $40/month. 🙂

It is different way to calculate than those Bigger brand.  PM is Telus sub brand.

hj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@tychicus wrote:

@hj wrote:

I think the second 90 days is $114 (120 - 6) plus tax. This is what I am going to pay for the second 90 days.

Really? On my account, when I go to "Plan and Add-ons" > "Rewards", it says:

Plan Cost (Including Discounts) $120

Total Rewards earned
AutoPay Reward ($6)

The overview and rewards pages in My Account have different amount. I think you are correct :). Sorry for the wrong information. 

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm sure you didn't max out your 5 Gigs every month at Rogers.  

With Public Mobile, you don't have to worry about overages and if your data is yours for 90 days.  There is a possiblity that you may have over 7 Gigs on the 60th day.

No more watching how many SMS you sent and you are free to call anytime you want.  No need to wait for evenings and weekends.

tychicus

@motionsiknes wrote:

Ditched a Rogers plan that had 5 GIGs + unli eve/wknd + 1000 texts which came to $56 total with tax. It was hard to let go of the extra gig but I couldnt not pass up the overall cheaper costs with public mobile.$40 is just too good.

You'll quickly make up for it with unlimited texts and MMS messaging Smiley Tongue Plus, with $12 savings every month you can look forward to $144/year, which can go toward your new device every couple years! Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

motionsiknes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the responses guys! I understand that the correct term is not 'monthly' but  '90 day period'. 

And much thanks to tychicus for explaining in depth. Glad to be part of the community. Ditched a Rogers plan that had 5 GIGs + unli eve/wknd + 1000 texts which came to $56 total with tax. It was hard to let go of the extra gig but I couldnt not pass up the overall cheaper costs with public mobile.$40 is just too good.

Looking forward to things to come!

tychicus

@hj wrote:

I think the second 90 days is $114 (120 - 6) plus tax. This is what I am going to pay for the second 90 days.

Really? On my account, when I go to "Plan and Add-ons" > "Rewards", it says:

Plan Cost (Including Discounts) $120

Total Rewards earned
AutoPay Reward ($6)

hj

@tychicus wrote:

EDIT: however, it looks like the auto-renewal reward credit does not apply until your NEXT payment, plus the reward for that cycle, so the first 90 days is $120 plus tax, but then the second 90 days is $108 (120 - 6 - 6) plus tax.

Rockdaddy22
It's always relative, PM is a no frills carrier after all.

Gee

@Rockdaddy22

I'm not disagreeing with you.  Robellus can do whatever they want.  But they choose to keep all the money in their coffers.

I'm grateful for Public Mobile making cellular affordable, but if they had the support structure that Robellus has, I am pretty sure the pricing will not be as attractive as it is

Rockdaddy22
@Gee nothing is stopping the big from offering 90 day prepaid plans at a slight discount. I'd pay for a whole year to get a slight discount. Telus/Rogers/Bell can offer even better plans in Que/Sask/Man so it can be done.

Gee

It's not rocket science.

Community based support, no stores means no rent and no employees.  No call centre

Telus has the capacity and Public Mobile benefits from using their infrastructure without all the baggage that Telus has.

The Promo is possibly one of the greatest, BUT U KNOW, Certain Carriers like VM, Fido, NOT Koodo or Telus, They feel its cheaper with Postpaid and that these are some hockus pockus parlour tricks.

What a shame

tychicus

It's without tax included, but if you sign up for the auto-renewal you save $6, for a total of $114 for the 90 days (or $38 per month), so expect it to end up being around $42.50 per month (assuming 12% tax)

EDIT: however, it looks like the auto-renewal reward credit does not apply until your NEXT payment, plus the reward for that cycle, so the first 90 days is $120 plus tax, but then the second 90 days is $108 (120 - 6 - 6) plus tax.

Keep in mind this is a prepaid system so you're not really paying monthly, but for 90 day cycles. But if you do the math for the $120 + $108, it works out to about $42.50 per month on average as stated above (assuming 12% tax). All future 90 day cycles after that will continue at $114 + tax if you continue with auto-renewal.

IbbyK
Here is the easy math. First its on a 90 day basis. So its $120/90 days + taxes. It comes to $135.60. How did I get that magical number? $120.00*1.13 = $135.60.

On a 30 days basis, it would be $40*1.13 = $45.20.
$45.20 + $45.20 + $45.20 = $135.60.

Rockdaddy22
Also it's per 30days not month. You pay all at once for 90 days. Grab a calculator and go nuts lol

Rockdaddy22
It's plus tax
Need Help? Let's chat.