cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much data do you use and why?

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious what people use their phones for and how much.

I'm personally a data-light user. I average about 250MB per month and that is almost entirely webpages, whatsapp and reddit. I never watch videos and don't play any games. I find that I usually use my phone when I have wifi anyway (work and at home).

12 REPLIES 12

johnb56789
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not normally a heavy data user. Had 300MB/ month with my old carrier (Virgin) and some months felt a little cramped for data (Had to pay $5/100MB over), but now I'm on the 6GB/ 90 day plan. Had it for about 2 weeks or so, so far and haven't hit the 300MB mark yet

pmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
You can definitely download large amounts of data on the TTC's WiFi network but you might end up having to stand there for a long time waiting for it to download as you only get WiFi serivce in the platforms and not in the tunnels. So streaming isn't a real option when riding on the subway either.

Chri5

I use about 4gb per month because my employer has no wifi in the building.

danette77

I have the 1 GB 90 day data and use less than half of that because like a lot of people I have wi fi at home and work. My data is just for "emergency use" when I'm out and about with no wi fi access.

pmobile
My regular usage is generally around 1 GB of data every 90 days. I connect to WiFi at home, work, and on the subway platforms when I use the TTC (by the way, do a lot of Toronto TTC users make use of the free WiFi - I like it a lot I usually load up an article before jumping on the train to give me something to read) so my cellular data usage is pretty light. I usually just check e-mails and light surfing when I don't have a WiFi connection.

However, with the new Public Mobile plans I have more data then I can use. Not a bad problem to have. Any suggestions on how to productively use an extra 5 GB of data every 90 days if I am not really one to stream a lot of music and videos?

Thanks 🙂

raiden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Around 2gb a month on mostly soundcloud and spotify

Litvinau_A

My current plan is 4g for 90. And I usually would use around half of data. except that this term I've been using my SoundCloud app outside a lot, so I'm almost out of data haha!

But with the new change to 6g, i'll have no problem for all my needs aka. Facebook, Insta, Kijiji.

With super fast LTE connection, you forget that you're outside and not on the wifi hahaha!

And again, PM is the best choice on the market! if you're not lazy lol

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pokemon go mostly

katebeau

My old carrier had me on 250mb/month, which was the minimum plan, and it did me fine because I almost always had wifi. At a guess I'm about 1gb/90 days now, which isn't that much higher than before. Facebook and Messenger take up 85% of it because they just leech data, and everything else (mostly Chrome, Gmail, Pokemon Go, along with the few other apps I have) takes up the rest.

I use no more than 300mb per 90 days, because 90% of my time I have wifi access.

XJin

I use average 2.5 Gb a month.

i use my phone to listen to music, watch some short videos, browsing webpages, twitter, instagram and  WeChat(Chinese version of whatapp)

XJin

@dboxtvinfo You won't be able to go over you data since this is a pre paid service.

and yes you will get warn before you reach your limit, so you can purchase an add on if you need to use more. FYI, add ons never expire until you used them all.

Need Help? Let's chat.