cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I get to keep my number if my account is inactive

piyoxoxo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am considering from Rogers Prepaid to PM.  I will be porting my number.  However, I only need this alternate phone number 6 months out of the year.  If I stop paying, how long will I get to keep the number for before I lose it provided I hang on to my SIM card.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

piyoxoxo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thank you everyone!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Further to @will13am's caution about losing a promo plan if you are on one:  note that once you're ready to reactivate on your 90 day plans again, if the plans have changed, you will only be able to choose from the current at that time plans being offered.  So even if you're on a regular 90 day plan right now, you use the above techniques to get through the time you don't need PM service, and you come back say 6 months later, if the plan you are on today is no longer offered, you won't be able to get it. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@NDesai wrote:

As they said above, you have 90 days to renew/change your plan to keep your number and account. The cheapest valid plan you can get is 10 days text only for $11. This will keep your number for 100 days (10 days with the plan and 90 days on suspended/inactive status). When you renew again on the 99th day to be safe, it will extend for another 100 days. 

I have a friend doing exactly this after a moderator confirmed that paying for any plan resets the 90 day clock.  Unfortunately, there are drawback.  If you have a promo plan, you give it up when switching to the 10 day plan.  Another way is to just take advantage of a 89 day suspension and renew the original plan.  Some arithmetic is required to determine the most cost effective approach. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

As said above, you have 90 days to renew/change your plan to keep your number and account. The cheapest valid plan you can get is 10 days text only for $11. This will keep your number for 100 days (10 days with the plan and 90 days on suspended/inactive status). When you renew again on the 99th day to be safe, it will extend for another 100 days. 

If you don't top up your plan you have 90 days to top it up again to keep sim and number and plan active after 90 days your plan and number will be suspended 

Also that's doesn't matter what plan u on 10 days 30 days or even 90 days once u stop making payment then you have 90 days to reactive the plan 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Please see helpful answers below. 

Need Help? Let's chat.