cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long Do I need to wait to get ported?

selvia_foeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

Anybody is experiecning the same problem?

I have been trying to port my number to PM mobile since 11th of November.

After a long wait, finally Mod @Shazia_K responded to my direct message last tuesday saying that the porting process will take at least 72 hours. But she didnt give me the maximum time.. does that mean that I have to wait for another month??

It has been almost 120 hours, and my WIND number is still active.

It is not fair that I have been paying both right now...

My PM is active but i am not using it...

It is only fair if the active period is restarted from the day the number is ported..

There is no warning before hand that porting could take foreeevveeeerrrrr..

what do you guys think?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

myid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It looks like nearly all the trouble is coming from Wind. This evening Rogers took 12 minutes to port my number to PM.

pmcn500
I am approaching 72 hrs..... and whilst I appreciate that they are probably handling a much larger than expected workload..... I think it would be a courtesy to receive a response to say...." sorry... we are experiencing some issues and delays.... but you are in a queue." At least this way we know our individual queries are being dealt with and not sitting in an unmonitored message box somewhere.....

Bender

Aha! I got you beat at 144 hours! Go me?

selvia_foeng

oh wow that was quick..

I have been waiting for more than 120 hours after mod said that the porting has been processed....

still waiting...

ssamrai

I'm finally up and running after 8 days. I know people are feeling a little annoyed by the response times, but I can guarantee you that PM is getting around to everyone. I was just complaining this morning on the forum and after having received no response as to whether my porting issue was being looked into. I finally received an email that my ticket was being handled, and I think I was up after half an hour of the initial email.

Best of luck to you all.

selvia_foeng

My husband has been waiting for 5 days as well, he hasnt received any respond yet..

very dissapointed...

I dont think it has something to do with Wind..

I think it is all PM's problem..

I was with koodo prepaid before ported to wind.

and that is why I cant port my number through self serve system..

I think they need to hire more moderators as now they have an influx of new customers..

Bender

Ah part of the over 1 week club too eh? I'm also wondering about how some get instant responses while others are waiting weeks.

Mannie
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I called wind, they stated that they do not see any issues in their end. They stated my account was still active. I told them that I can use public mobile phone just can't receive calls. @mint97 they look stated that I need to get in touch with public mobile....

Pinklepork

I tried calling Rogers but they told me if I am porting out elsewhere then they have nothing to do it with and I need to contact PM to fix.

aruschpler
I'm at 5 days without a response. I think the problem with my port attempt from Koodo was missing the alternate phone no. field. It would take less than 5 minutes to fix the problem. The mods claim they go from oldest claim to newest, but it's pretty disheartening to see people get help and jump the queue by being a squeaky wheel. I need my phone number, I have no idea how many calls/texts I would miss in a week.

Mannie
Do you think it's wind?

mint9317
Something must be wrong with the info Wind number porting dept received. You should def call wind and find out whats the holdup because that is way too long of a wait.

Mannie
I am with wind receiving works on that. Everything else works on public. My husband and his friends didn't have issues switching over from wind

Disappointed

You have to wait "indefinitely". There is no ETA and there are customers waiting for days/weeks and stuck with no choice with PM (Including me).

Very poorly planned and executed promo. I think PM got more harm than benefit from this promo.

enms

Does your Rogers sim still work? If so, might be worth giving them a call and make sure there isn't some wrong info on your port request.

Mannie
There are several of you who have waited 7+ days...support tickets and forums are not helping.
Being charged as well. Almost like theft.

ssamrai

Ha 3 days that's nothing.. I've been waiting for over a week and I haven't even got a response back from a Mod yet. Not sure why some are people are recieving an immediate response while others are left in the dark.

Pinklepork

Not fair! I "ported" from Rogers two days ago and I am still waiting :'(

Mannie
3 days and still waiting....

enms

I just ported from Rogers last night & it only took 2 hours to complete, so the amount of time you are waiting seems excessive. Have you tried contacting Wind to see if they even have received the request? Perhaps there is something hung up on their end.

Leena_sachdev
I think most people who are porting from Wind are having the same issue. I have ported my number from Wind on thursday and I still cant receive calls on PM and I cant receive texts on Wind network. Its like im middle of no where.
Need Help? Let's chat.