cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is service in areas like northern BC ?

Kashaobk16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just ordered an new SIM card with public mobile and I'm excited to try them out . I have a hard time getting even 2 bars of service near Burns Lake , BC and Telus & Koodo seem to work very well but so pricey . I love how I can create a plan for 10-90 days and edit how many minutes or how much data I need. Has anyone around northern BC used PM ? If so how was the service ? Thank You 😉
Kasha
9 REPLIES 9

Kashaobk16
Ok thanks 😉

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to the community, @Kashaobk16!  If you are concerned, as others have stated, you could activate a 10-day plan to try it out.  If you do deicde to move to PM, please let us know how it goes.  Based on @imm1304's findings, I think you should be fine.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kashaobk16
Thanks everyone for all the helpful information 😉 Have a good day !

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Kashaobk16!

I just punched in Burns Lake on the PM coverage map and looks like you are within the coverage area.  You can expect the same coverage as Telus in your area.  

Take a look here:  https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

Well no quite as good coverage as Telus. In remote some locales Telus offers extended coverage through arrangements with other providers; this is not available to PM. Suggest you look carefully at PM's coverage map and, if in doubt, begin with the $10 test

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kashaobk16
Well that's good to know 😉 because I really like Telus and if it's the same I'm happy !!

@manelgm wrote:

That's interesting!  Public Mobile is really garnering lots of goodwill by offering its customers lots of choice and flexibility.

And yeah, the coverage should be the same as Telus' no matter where you are.

Yes, that's how they are differentiating 🙂

manelgm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's interesting!  Public Mobile is really garnering lots of goodwill by offering its customers lots of choice and flexibility.

And yeah, the coverage should be the same as Telus' no matter where you are.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

PM is basically Telus. So you should have good coverage.

If you really want to check out the service, you can try with $10 plan.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Risk-Free-Activation-costs-10/m-p/2877...

Need Help? Let's chat.