cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is 12Gb distributed

Kartye
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for the $120, 12Gb plan. Does anyone know if the 12Gb is distributed as 4Gb per month (as the plan is promoted...4Gb monthly), and the 4Gb resets every month, or does the 12Gb last the entire 90 days.

For example, in the first 30 days (month), if I use 1 Gb, do I have 11Gb left for the remaining 60 days (2 months), or since the first month is over, do I lose 4Gb of data and now I only have a maximum of 8Gb data for the remaining 60 days (2 months). As another example, is it possible to use 0Gb for the first 89 days of the plan and use 12Gb on the final day of the plan, or since the 90th day is in the third month would I only have 4Gb of data available for me to use.

9 REPLIES 9

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
As far as I know, Public Mobile gives you 12gbs over 90 days. Instead of a 30 day cycle, you would be running on a 90 day cycle. There are no restrictions on how you can use and/or allocate the data over the billing cycle (90 days).

shrimpdude
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
"...in the first 30 days (month), if I use 1 Gb, do I have 11Gb left for the remaining 60 days (2 months), or since the first month is over, do I lose 4Gb of data and now I only have a maximum of 8Gb data for the remaining 60 days (2 months)...As another example, is it possible to use 0Gb for the first 89 days of the plan and use 12Gb on the final day of the plan..."

Yes, this is how you can use the data. 12GB spread over any point in the 90 day span.

The thing to be aware of though is if you reach the 12gb at say day 60 you are out of data for the next 30 days and need to purchase more as an add-on you just can't keep going hten be billed at the end of the cycle.  Remember it is a pre-paid service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CaNuCk07 thankfully long gone are the days that you could potentially receive a massive bill for data usage! I think the CRTC put a maximum charge of like $75 or $100 that a carrier can charge for overages? Maybe someone more knowledgable can comment about this.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

The no overages is clutch because at least you know there aren't any surprises at end of month!  Unlike the big red devil I was with before!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That is the best part about the plan i think is that you can use say 5gb the first 30 days, 3gb the next 30 and 4 the last 30.  It isn't per month so you don't get overages so just keep track on your account page and neer hte end of the 90 days stream like mad to use it all up!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

chrismclachlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@skifan is correct. You will be able to see this in your self serve account. It will show 12GB of data under your Add-ons, and next to it you will see how much of the 12 GB (12288 MB) that you have used as of that current date.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Be cautioned, however, if you use up all your 12GB in say the first 45 days, you'll be with no data for the remaining 45 days. In that case you could add a 1GB add-on for $30, but in my opinion it's rather expensive. Probably best to ration yourself to 4GB per month with a data monitor app.

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The entire 12 gB can be used at any time in the 90 day window.  You can use it all on the first day, last day or spread out however you like throughout.

Need Help? Let's chat.