cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How happy are you with PM?

Arily4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We just switched, and are quite happy we did (so far!), but i see a lot of complaints on here. Long-term, is this a great service provider?!

16 REPLIES 16

Wholecloud

I'm happy with them and is in it for the long term for both accounts. Was with fido before and they don't offer the low data usage plan anymore so I switched. The 1gb bonus data from several months ago was a nice gesture and the 1gb data + 400 mins int'l call is another nice gesture from PM on an already bang for the buck $25 plan that we're on. Thank you again PM

boborchison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been extremely happy with PM - users do need to be somewhat proficient using the many online services such as online chat, community, etc.

The few issues I had have been easily resolved utilizing on line services. 

@Wholecloud 

The Christmas Gifts will help you get referrals as well since new customers get them as well right up until Christmas evening. (Maybe until New Year's Day like last years promos).

AE_Collector

Wholecloud

I'm very happy with the service that I switched a family member over and get my referral $1. Trying to sell PM service to anybody I hear when they complain about expensive plans on other networks. Also very happy when I get surprises of one time 1gb bonus data several months ago, and then 1gb bonus data+400 int'l call minutes that we just got. Thank you PM.

Bethn

@darlicious wrote:

@Arily4  Super happy! I have two accounts personally my first is now free with rewards in only 2 months and my second is half price with a combined discount and rewards. Even without the rewards etc...still half the price of my old providers. I've only had the odd reward not applied and the moderators were quick to respond and apply them. And the community....second to none! I'd say the best part of the public mobile experience.

I'm looking to get my bill as low as possible, I've been doing quite a bit of reading up on rewards but it seems fairly vague. Would you be able to give me more info on exactly where your rewards are coming from/how much time you are spending? Are they refferals/loyalty or time spent in the community?  Feel free to PM me if you are open to chatting about it. I just switched over and I'm fascinated by how this service is run, it's up my alley and paying less for phone service never hurt either.

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the Data plans need to be improved, the data is too low even for me that oly use it lightly

But I have never ever had a problem with the service. I'm mostly in the city. They need to have  cross Canda instead Provincial Calling if they havent changed it yet.

Solid reception and service all round though.

I've never had a problem since the service was relaunched with Telus, except when were in going online only at the beginning/ start up

My 1 year anniversary is on Monday, hopefully I can snag another referal by then to help celebrate! My only glitch in the year was a particular credit that didn't want to "stick" to my account each month but after awhile a persisant moderator got to the bottom of the problem and everything else is great! Initially I was paying slightly more than half what I paid my previous provider for an almost identical plan. But now I have numerous credits each month reducing my bill close to zero. I keep worrying I'm going to wake up and find it was all just a dream!

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I activate my first PM plan 16 months ago. I now managing 6 plans for my family members without any outage and payment issue.

Sandra017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We switched over a month or so ago and we are pretty happy about the cheap rates and coverage PM has buuuut we are kind of bummed out we didn’t wait a little longer to catch all these awesome promos they are having right now lol 

Great_Big_Abyss

So, I just switched.  I'll be switching my wife (with a referral code) this evening.  So far, so good.  I get service at work, which I wasn't getting with Rogers (metal building, but we have a Telus tower right outside).  I was able to port over my existing number without any issues at all Smiley Very Happy

The biggest reason I changed was price.  Rogers was charging my wife and I $150 for 10GB combined, which we hardly ever came close to using.  With PM, We'll have 5GB ea (4.5 + the 500GB Autopaybonus) for $40ea, which is far more manageable. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Pretty happy though I'd like to see unlimited throttled data like Lucky has

kennycrowshaw

I’ve got 3 accounts, I had an issue with one to setup self serve that took 5 months to resolve.  I stayed patient and as expected it was eventually fixed.  I am very happy with PM, you can’t beat the price, it’s nice having my kids on their own account so if they chew up thier data it’s not my problem, and the coverage is very good.  Also when the kids turn 19 and get thier own credit card they can easily take over their own accounts.  I definitely recommend to anyone.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Arily4 wrote:

We just switched, and are quite happy we did (so far!), but i see a lot of complaints on here. Long-term, is this a great service provider?!

Since this is the only/official channel to get help with problems at Public Mobile, naturally 95% of the posts are about things going wrong.

There are no publicly accessible stats but I bet that there are thousands of customers out there who don't have any problems or if so, use the means to contact the mods without posting in the community.

It likely is personal perception, but a lot of threads would be redundant if people would use the search function. And I don't have the time or patience to help people who use foul language, attack any community members, or go into a full on hissy fit, blaming this  (not perfect by any means) provider for user errors and /or lack of reading .

@Arily4  Super happy! I have two accounts personally my first is now free with rewards in only 2 months and my second is half price with a combined discount and rewards. Even without the rewards etc...still half the price of my old providers. I've only had the odd reward not applied and the moderators were quick to respond and apply them. And the community....second to none! I'd say the best part of the public mobile experience.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Arily4 hi you mostly see the 1 or 2% of people who  are unfortunately having issues on here , most people who are not having problems don't usually say much here, enjoy the service and cheap rates and keep your fingers crossed lol 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Arily4  I've got 7 accounts with them and had very little trouble.  The only thing is once or twice my rewards weren't put on the account at renewal but they fixed it right up!  Overall I'm very happy with the service and the savings!! 

Need Help? Let's chat.