cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the public mobile main talk time as will add on talk time currently deduct ?

rasu20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do have 100 mins talk time as part of my $15 plan and also I purchased $5 500 mins Canada wide talk time. Looks like , what ever my usage ,it is currently deducted from my add on minutes and not from my main plan talk time. 

So that means my add on minutes (500)are getting deducted first for my usage and once it is over, it will deduct from my main plan minutes (100)???

Is that correct way of  PM  working or  Should I raise a ticket or request to Moderator to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@Mac7 

It sounds like your minute counter did not reset upon renewal. Contact customer support and have them reset your plan minutes counter and restore any minutes you used from your add on.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mac7 wrote:

Talk time usage display incorrect. It is above my actual usage.

My plan was just renewed but it is showing that I have only 10 minutes left. Checked usage but there is not 90 minutes minutes used showing on my 100 minute plan. Seems like a miscalculation of minutes used.

If you look at the counter in self service under My Data & Add-Ons what does it say? Did your plan renew yesterday?

Mac7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Talk time usage display incorrect. It is above my actual usage.

My plan was just renewed but it is showing that I have only 10 minutes left. Checked usage but there is not 90 minutes minutes used showing on my 100 minute plan. Seems like a miscalculation of minutes used.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@rasu20 wrote:

I do have 100 mins talk time as part of my $15 plan and also I purchased $5 500 mins Canada wide talk time. Looks like , what ever my usage ,it is currently deducted from my add on minutes and not from my main plan talk time. 

So that means my add on minutes (500)are getting deducted first for my usage and once it is over, it will deduct from my main plan minutes (100)???

I suspect what might have happened here is that in a prior 30-day cycle, you used up all of the base plan 100 minutes, and then used some of the minutes from the add-on. Then, the next 30 day period started, replenishing your base 100 minutes, but now you still see slightly less than 500 minutes still available in your add-on.

You can quickly confirm which bucket the minutes are currently taken from by loading up your overview page in self-serve - then make a quick test call, and refresh the overview page to see which counter in fact decremented by 1 minute.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rasu20  Login to your account and look at Data & add-ons. If you do not see an item that looks like xx/100 you have consumed the 1st 100 minutes and must use the add-on.

BTW: checking voicemail consumes outgoing minutes & minutes are rounded up to the nearest minute from the time a call is initiated (not connected)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:Start a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437). You’ll need to login first to your Community account for the link to work.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, something seems off there. The minutes should first be deducted from the 100 min then from the add on. I'd definitely open a ticket w/ moderators to have this investigated.

Need Help? Let's chat.