cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does PM bill for outgoing calls?

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, just curious in regards to how PM bills for outgoings calls.  Is it based on the half minute mark?  For example, if my total call time is 5:31, then I would be billed 6 minutes?  And if my call time is 5:29, then I would be billed 5 minutes?  Is this correct.

As well, is there a way to filter my Usage History by phone call only?  I have a lot of text messages that I don't want to scroll through each time page by page.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy wrote:

As well, is there a way to filter my Usage History by phone call only?  I have a lot of text messages that I don't want to scroll through each time page by page.

@mobileguy If you bring up your usage history, click on "Call Type" as shown below. This will sort your "events" showing all calls first.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.42.10 AM.png

Per-second billing does get logged on Self-Serve Usage, sometimes.

I'm guessing (only guessing) that it could depend on what network hardware is actually being used to carry your call. Especially for out-of-Canada calls - it seems like "International" calling can connect to (and through) all sorts of foreign networks with all sorts of foreign rules.

Best to just expect any tiny fraction of a minute to be rounded up.

Non-issue with any Unlimited Talk plan.

Only $0.01 per "minute" with a Limited Talk plan plus Canada-wide Talk Add-on.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy wrote:

Hi, just curious in regards to how PM bills for outgoings calls.  Is it based on the half minute mark? 

@mobileguy  No it's baes on the minute mark.

For example, if my total call time is 5:31, then I would be billed 6 minutes? Yes.

And if my call time is 5:29, then I would be billed 5 minutes?  Is this correct.?

Incorrect, you will still be billed 6 minutes.

Best to use your dialer app's history for that.

Thanks.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy Nobody rounds down. Carrieers round up. This doesn't matter if plan has unlimited calls.

mobileguy

@Jb456 , thanks.  I guess it would be more useful if there was a way to show all phone calls as per specified date filters on just one page without having to click on each page link.  But I guess this will do. 

@mobileguy  can't really filter but under  view usage you can try clicking for example "call type" and it will sort them by call, text, web. It's not really the best and sometimes finicky but it might help you some way.

Screenshot_20200825_122735.jpg

mobileguy

Thanks all.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy hi I have seen it billed up to the next minute for only a few seconds over the minute mark on many occasions 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mobileguy , calling is billed with minutes rounded up to the nearest minute.  The clock starts on the first ring.  As for sorting the usage, I don't believe there is any feature in the self serve to do that.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Billed by the minute. If you get a voicemail answering machine and hang up after 2 seconds you're billed 1 minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.