cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you quote someone in a reply?

Yukon1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep seeing threads where people quote previous replies in their responses. When I click reply on a previous post, it just creates a general reply on the thread. I am using my phone to comment and reply if that matters. Sorry for what probably is an easy answer. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Yukon1 wrote:

It looks like the option may only be on a computer! Thanks!

@Yukon1 yes currently there doesn't seem to be an option to quote on mobile phones

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yukon1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks like the option may only be on a computer! Thanks!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Yukon1 wrote:

I keep seeing threads where people quote previous replies in their responses. When I click reply on a previous post, it just creates a general reply on the thread. I am using my phone to comment and reply if that matters. Sorry for what probably is an easy answer. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Quote-and-Macros-button/m-p/513465#M10881...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1 wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 2.22.13 PM.png

 There is a quote button in the toolbar if you are using a PC or MAC.

I hope this is helpful it will quote the box that you are replying to. 🙂

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1 wrote:

@Yukon1  yea that's odd I seen that too lol

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1  currently the quote button doesn't work on phones. Only on tablets  with at least a 8 inch screen and computers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1 wrote:

Click the 3 little dots on top right side of the dialogue box...click of the " mark to get the previous quote.

Need Help? Let's chat.