cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you become an Oracle?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Now that 2 Oracle's have gone off into deserved  retirement . I would like  to know PM 's criteria for picking Oracle's. Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Just going with the number available Jb would be averaging 138 bravos per month that he has been here.  Whereas someone like @Anonymous  is averaging 682 bravos per month over 21 months

Yeah! Take that stupid solutions to posts ratio! ppspsppspssppp 🙂

@gblackma wrote:

I was thinking that  @Jb456 more than fits the criteria. Great solutions, been here over 2 years, bilingual, and hasn't got into it with any of the present oracles. 

While Jb has been here over two years over half of his bravos are just in the last month and I am sure a majority of the total is from the beginning of this year.  It is about consistency not just a flash in the pan.  Not saying that he is but 2 months doesn't count for much over the long haul.

Just going with the number available Jb would be averaging 138 bravos per month that he has been here.  Whereas someone like @Anonymous  is averaging 682 bravos per month over 21 months

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

I was thinking that  @Jb456 more than fits the criteria. Great solutions, been here over 2 years, bilingual, and hasn't got into it with any of the present oracles. 

Is this capitulation or solace?  

It's passing the hot potato!

@gblackma wrote:

Is this capitulation or solace?  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma  Oracle's have are ask d an opinion, but pm management makes the decisions on.  Also you can agree or disagree with anyone in the community and in life,  but I think much depends on how one handles the disagreement.  

Korth
Mayor / Maire

"... part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master ..."

Well, I have built my own astromech droid - https://astromech.net/forums - yeah, for real, seriously.

And I have bought cookies from girl scouts. The cookies were bland and chalky, yuck.

But that whole Jedi master thing ... well, y'see, I just don't think it's really gonna work out.

These cookies taste better!These cookies taste better!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

@gblackma 

It is by invite only by PM management.  No offical public guideline that I know of....

Probably a combinatino of length of service (ie more than one year), number of solutions and bravos.  Quality of participation is also important.  

So, if you are able to maintain more than 1000 bravos per month for at least one year, you will eventually be offered an oracle position.  Smiley Happy

1000+ Bravo's over a year while an accomplishment I don't think will qualify someone.  Quality over quantity I think is very important, as well as demeanour.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@DOA wrote:

I'm handsome, I smell of good soap. 

I work out under bright lights in expensive sneakers. 

My hair gleams of a thousand brush stokes and my smooth, supple legs soar straight to Heaven!

Do I qualify?

LOL..... YOU'RE IN!!! 🤣 

I don't know if being king of the gym rats qualifies you for oracledom....there a whole different set of muscles being used here......

Should not be a problem.  Only concern is when the organ between the ears is not used.  Smiley Happy

@CannonFodder wrote:

@DOA wrote:

My hair gleams of a thousand brush stokes and my smooth, supple legs soar straight to Heaven!

Do I qualify?

LOL..... YOU'RE IN!!! 🤣 

I don't know if being king of the gym rats qualifies you for oracledom....there a whole different set of muscles being used here......

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

Now that 2 Oracle's have gone off into deserved  retirement . I would like  to know PM 's criteria for picking Oracle's.

First of all, you need to delete apostrophes from places they don't belong, AND you need to quit telling people to log into your account!!! 😜  🤣 

@DOA wrote:

Do I qualify?

LOL..... YOU'RE IN!!! 🤣 

@DOA wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@gblackma  Its like becoming a senator....completely arbitrary but showing merit and a lifetime appointment if one so chooses.

Also, it pays slightly less.

And there's no million dollar+ pension benefits plan.....

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@gblackma  Its like becoming a senator....completely arbitrary but showing merit and a lifetime appointment if one so chooses.

Also, it pays slightly less.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do I qualify?

Anonymous
Not applicable

To the subject line: YOU don't become an Oracle. They appoint them.

The theoretical criteria have been amply covered.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's input from peers, like current oracles.  I don't want to comment too much. I will say that I have seen some career limiting moves lately.  

@gblackma 

It is by invite only by PM management.  No offical public guideline that I know of....

Probably a combinatino of length of service (ie more than one year), number of solutions and bravos.  Quality of participation is also important.  

So, if you are able to maintain more than 1000 bravos per month for at least one year, you will eventually be offered an oracle position.  Smiley Happy

And off course the time you are willing to put in for the sake of community and the badges. Monetary compensation cannot be the motivation here as the time and effort will make you much more money someplace else. What I think is you must like it here and you must like putting up with us:) but I think you already know that.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

I believe it's a mixture off activity and attitude.I believe you are on  agood track:)

Think of it as a customer service position, what would it take to be a good customer service rep. The way you interact with people, how you respond when it comes to though situations, some basic technical background can definitely help but can be aquired. Attitude is harder to polish than knowledge to aquire in my opinion

Need Help? Let's chat.