cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I port out my number and still keep same plan?

Telus2Koodo2PM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I wanted to know if it is possible to port out my number and then have another phone number take over my plan?

Thanks in advance!

22 REPLIES 22

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@davidho416

@davidho416 wrote:

problem solved. ported out one of the lines lol. 

But you lose your pm plan, unfortunately 

davidho416

problem solved. ported out one of the lines lol. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I can confirm too, the MOD will not do again, that was 1 time thing only

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Confirmed that mods will not do this. 

davidho416

Are you sure this works? cause I've been advised from a mod that they can do no such thing. 

davidho416

has anyone ever tried this? I requested help with a mod and have been advised that they can do no such thing. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lamp wrote:

good to know about this

Yes, I agree.

Lamp

good to know about this

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am like the classic towers of hanoi puzzle!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Now that I have taken some time to digest this porting from one plan to another, I assume that if say a number swap is required between plan A and plan B with no other impact, then a third and temporary plan C would have be to be involved.  The number in plan A would be moved to plan C so that it does not get lost when the plan B number is moved into plan A.  Finally, the number temporarily residing in plan C can then be moved to plan B.  Am I making sense this late in the night?

Michael77

@Luddite,

Thanks for the info. 🙂

srlawren

@Luddite I'm not just saying it to appease Ralph, I swear!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

Omg, that's brilliant @Luddite!  This process totally slipped past me, even thought I saw at least some of that thread you linked.  Thanks for sharing, your post here (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-port-out-my-number-and-still-kee...) is definitely being added to my personal bookmarks for future use!

EDIT: this prooving that @Luddite truly is King of the Oracles!!!!

Very kind @srlawren Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Luddite, great and really not to expensive and if you are planning on porting out your number after anyway.  You could start PM2 with just texting request the number change with PM1 and PM2.  You could then port in the new number to PM1 and port out your Number on PM2 and only be $20 for 30 day text only plan.

Plus $10 for a SIM; so $30. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to know that there is a workaround.  I thought it was just not possible.  Will have to remember this.

srlawren

Omg, that's brilliant @Luddite!  This process totally slipped past me, even thought I saw at least some of that thread you linked.  Thanks for sharing, your post here (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-port-out-my-number-and-still-kee...) is definitely being added to my personal bookmarks for future use!

EDIT: this prooving that @Luddite truly is King of the Oracles!!!!

@Luddite, great and really not to expensive and if you are planning on porting out your number after anyway.  You could start PM2 with just texting request the number change with PM1 and PM2.  You could then port in the new number to PM1 and port out your Number on PM2 and only be $20 for 30 day text only plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acekiller

@Luddite wrote:

Here's an pricey workaround:

1. open another PM account (PM2)

2. request the moderators move your number from PM1 to PM2. To do so, they will assign a new random phone number to PM1

3. port out the number from PM2

See the Solution in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163935#...

wow, nice workaround 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Telus2Koodo2PM Here's an pricey workaround:

1. open another PM account (PM2)

2. request the moderators move your number from PM1 to PM2. To do so, they will assign a new random phone number to PM1

3. port out the number from PM2

See the Solution in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163935#...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Telus2Koodo2PM, yeah as stated unfortuantely you can't so it comes down to what is more important to you.  Your phone number? Or your current plan you have with PM.  It would be nice if you could do that but as soon as you port out your number your account will be close and your plan lost.  Switch your number on your current plan and you lose your current number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Here's the question you need to answer first, because you can't have both.

Are you moving the plan to someone else?  Are you wanting to keep your phone number?

If you answer YES to both - the answer is NO.

If you simply wish a new phone number, you can do that via Self-Service (and your current number will return to the pool for new users)

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Not possible. When you port out a phone number, the account automatically closes 

Need Help? Let's chat.