cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I port out my number and still keep same plan?

Hi there,

I wanted to know if it is possible to port out my number and then have another phone number take over my plan?

Thanks in advance!

Mayor / Maire

Re: How do I port out my number and still keep same plan?

Not possible. When you port out a phone number, the account automatically closes 

Mayor / Maire

Here's the question you need to answer first, because you can't have both.

Are you moving the plan to someone else?  Are you wanting to keep your phone number?

If you answer YES to both - the answer is NO.

If you simply wish a new phone number, you can do that via Self-Service (and your current number will return to the pool for new users)

Oracle

@Telus2Koodo2PM, yeah as stated unfortuantely you can't so it comes down to what is more important to you.  Your phone number? Or your current plan you have with PM.  It would be nice if you could do that but as soon as you port out your number your account will be close and your plan lost.  Switch your number on your current plan and you lose your current number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Oracle

@Telus2Koodo2PM Here's an pricey workaround:

1. open another PM account (PM2)

2. request the moderators move your number from PM1 to PM2. To do so, they will assign a new random phone number to PM1

3. port out the number from PM2

See the Solution in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163935#...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Tags (1)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite wrote:

Here's an pricey workaround:

1. open another PM account (PM2)

2. request the moderators move your number from PM1 to PM2. To do so, they will assign a new random phone number to PM1

3. port out the number from PM2

See the Solution in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163935#...

wow, nice workaround 

Oracle

@Luddite, great and really not to expensive and if you are planning on porting out your number after anyway.  You could start PM2 with just texting request the number change with PM1 and PM2.  You could then port in the new number to PM1 and port out your Number on PM2 and only be $20 for 30 day text only plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Omg, that's brilliant @Luddite!  This process totally slipped past me, even thought I saw at least some of that thread you linked.  Thanks for sharing, your post here (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-do-I-port-out-my-number-and-still-kee...) is definitely being added to my personal bookmarks for future use!

EDIT: this prooving that @Luddite truly is King of the Oracles!!!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

Nice to know that there is a workaround.  I thought it was just not possible.  Will have to remember this.

Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Luddite, great and really not to expensive and if you are planning on porting out your number after anyway.  You could start PM2 with just texting request the number change with PM1 and PM2.  You could then port in the new number to PM1 and port out your Number on PM2 and only be $20 for 30 day text only plan.

Plus $10 for a SIM; so $30. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Need Help? Let's chat.