cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I port my number from Bell Mobility now that I have my PM account

Andysturge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

13 REPLIES 13

@Andysturge you require moderator help to port your number once you activate your SIM card with a temporary cell phone number. See my earlier post on how to do it.

Andysturge

Hi. Thanks for the info.  I went through everything you suggested. However, when I enter my current Bell cell # I get a MS sage that it cannot be ported.  I am told to choose a new phone number and contact PM to do the request

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Andysturge 

I ported over from Bell a few weeks ago here is what you need to do:

Two Notes First:

**Make sure your phone is compatible with Public Mobile**

**DO NOT cancel your service with Bell this will happen automatically **

1. Unlock you phone with Bell

2. Buy a SIM card from public mobile.

3. When you receive the SIM card activate it - make sure you get a referral code from a friend.

4. During activation, you will need the following: Name on teh Bell account, BEll account number, the Phone number you are porting, PIN you use for your Bell account and your IME# 

5. To get the IME# dial *#06#

6. After you put all that info in you will click activate. 

7. Insert the SIM card into your phone.

8. Wait for the porting, you will see PUBLIC MOBILE scroll across the top of your screen.

9. After I ported one of my phones took around 20mins to be active, my other phone took under 5 mins.

10. Your BELL account will automatically be cancelled now and you can go to my BELL to check that it is. 

If you follow all these steps you will be fine. 

Welcome to Public Mobile! 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr Thanks for that info. Just recently joined myself and must have missed that.

@Danchvn wrote:

I must admit I have never done it but I see you can do it from your "My Account" page.

On the at the bottom of "My Profile on the right side you can click "Change Number" and it will give you a choice to select a new number or transfer a number from another provider.

@Danchvn   Up until a few weeks ago it was possible, but PM are updating that feature in the account and will need their assistance to facilitate unless the port is done on activation.

@Andysturge  Currently setting up the port via selfserve is not working.

Best to just follow the steps from the following announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Andysturge Contact the moderators and ask them to  do it for you. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type "Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to do it. Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Use this link to see what is required to port your number https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

@Andysturge Get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Replies are sent by private messaging; check the envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen. 

If you encounter problems submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437, but this alternative method may have longer response time.

Welcome aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I must admit I have never done it but I see you can do it from your "My Account" page.

On the at the bottom of "My Profile on the right side you can click "Change Number" and it will give you a choice to select a new number or transfer a number from another provider.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Andysturge  You'll need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Enter Port Request when chatting with SIMon and follow the rest of the prompts to submit your ticket.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Andysturge 

1. Login to Self-Serve
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change Phone Number
  3. Click "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"
  4. Enter your number and click "Check Eligibility"
  5. Click the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" before you do anything else.
  6. Fill in the box to the best of your ability.
  7. Click Submit and wait (don't press anything else until everything is clear).  

This should port your number over without any mod assistance, assuming you're not pre-paid.

Edit- I just tried it, looks like they changed it?

"Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team."

Andysturge

I want to keep my old Bell number. I have set up my PM account and chosen a new number, but I would like to port my old Bell one

Need Help? Let's chat.