cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know when the new month starts?

jex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I got a SMS from Public Mobile saying my payment went through on January 8th. A day later I get a SMS that says I've used up 75% of my data.

Today (January 10th), I login to PM to look at my usage, and it does say I've almost used up my data AND have 120min of calls. When I look at my detailed usage, I have used that much over the last weeks. BUT not in the last 2 days, if my new month started on my pay day of January 8th. 

Does my new month start after January 10th? That would make more sense to me but I'm confused. Where do I see where the new month starts? How soon after payment (AutoPay) does the new month start?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Corrrection...February 7.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As plans renew every 30 days with PM, your next renewal date would be February 8, if I'm not mistaken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zayn2000 wrote:

Your new month will start the morning following your payment date. So if your AutoPay is scheduled for January 8th, your new month will start January 9th as long as your payment goes through successfully.

This is actually incorrect with the current display. A while ago you would have been correct. But somewhat recently they changed it that the date is the day of the new term. They really actually need the money before 11:59pm ET of the day BEFORE the displayed date. The wee hours of the displayed date is when autopay is used.

zayn2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your new month will start the morning following your payment date. So if your AutoPay is scheduled for January 8th, your new month will start January 9th as long as your payment goes through successfully.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jex 

Was your renewal date Jan 8th?

If yes, your data may not be reset on Jan 8, 00 hours ET.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

BTW, If your next renewal date is Feb 7th, you had renewal on Jan 8.  Waht is the renewal date on your overview page after login?

jex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I think you're right, it's #2. I'll contact the moderator team. Thank you!

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@jex There are a couple of issues that may come into play here.

1. Your account was not really  scheduled to renew and the msg was erroneous?

2. You were supposed to renew, it did, but failed to reset your data and minutes.

Solution to #2. Contact @CS_Agent .

Solution to #1. Check to see if your credit card was charged. IF not, ignore the msg and deal with your other issues, i.e being out of stuff before renewal.

Any refund would have to be obtained through @CS_Agent .

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@jex There are a couple of issues that may come into play here.

1. Your account was not really  scheduled to renew and the msg was erroneous?

2. You were supposed to renew, it did, but failed to reset your data and minutes.

Solution to #2. Contact @CS_Agent .

Solution to #1. Check to see if your credit card was charged. IF not, ignore the msg and deal with your other issues, i.e being out of stuff before renewal.

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jex wrote:

Hello,

I got a SMS from Public Mobile saying my payment went through on January 8th. A day later I get a SMS that says I've used up 75% of my data.

Today (January 10th), I login to PM to look at my usage, and it does say I've almost used up my data AND have 120min of calls. When I look at my detailed usage, I have used that much over the last weeks. BUT not in the last 2 days, if my new month started on my pay day of January 8th. 

Does my new month start after January 10th? That would make more sense to me but I'm confused. Where do I see where the new month starts? How soon after payment (AutoPay) does the new month start?

Thanks!

@jex  Dial 611 from your phone. It will tell you when you next scheduled plan renewal is going to take place.

Public Mobile plan renewals are every 30 days not monthly.

Need Help? Let's chat.