cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if I would have coverage with Public Mobile

MyrtleTyrtle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a country girl living outside the Ottawa/Gatineau area.  We are limited in cellular companies as not everyone provides coverage in our area even though their websites show coverage on the area maps.  The only providers that work in my area are providers that use the same network as Bell and Telus.  Do you think Public Mobile would work for me?

6 REPLIES 6

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MyrtleTyrtle, Also another very important thing to Remember is Public Mobile is a self serve company which means you have to do everything on the amazing self serve site yourself. You would not have the option to call and seek help with a live customer service rep.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes thanks @Charanth182 I forgot to mention just take any public mobile number if porting after you decide if it is good or not.

Charanth182

@MyrtleTyrtle

If you are still worried i would agree to follow @DK's suggestion as they make a good point. If you don't transfer any number (you can always do it later) you can always go back to your old phone without distruption.

DK
Where there is no contract the most you will be out is one months coverage so choose the cheapest plan for test purposes and if it works you can always upgrade if you decide to stay.

@MyrtleTyrtle,

The Public Mobile network is Telus network who is Canada Wide.

You cannot have better coverage !

Charanth182

Hi @MyrtleTyrtle

There is a coverage map https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage hopefully it shows the details you need.

As Public Mobile is owned by Telus it uses there towers (atleast here in Alberta but i don't see why it wouldn't be in Ontario/Quebec too) so I would say if you have coverage by Telus you'd have coverage for Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.