cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get money back?

modurica
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I'm in a bit of a complicated situation. So I'll just explain the whole story...

I live in France, and went back to visit my family in Nova Scotia in september so I bought a public mobile sim card for the month I was there. The lady at the store set the account up for me and activated my sim, and I told her I did not want the automatic top up, because I would be going back to france in just a few weeks... call me crazy, but I assumed she did as I asked. But I'm just finding out today (two months later) that my canadian account is still being chraged monthly for the service. I managed to cancel the auto payments through their automated phone number (because I cant make an online account now that I'm back in France, the sim doesnt work here to recieve the code).

So right now I'm at the total loss on how I can get two months of monthly payment back for a sim card I wasnt using...Not having an actual phone number to talk to someone is making this specific problem very frustrating.

Anyway, I hope something here can help! Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

@modurica 

You don't need it for your own account? You could private message an OP that's in a desperate situation to top up their account and offer to help them out and work out a fair exchange.

@Markosbeyene wrote:

How I eat back a refund for an unused tope up card?

Sorry, but you can't. Since Public Mobile isn't going to reimburse the retailer, the retailer isn't going to provide a refund either. Top up vouchers are always sold strictly on the conditions of no refunds. I'm not going to say that it's entirely impossible to get a refund but the terms of the sale say that you won't.

Your options are to use the voucher, sell it (on a another werbsite to someoene else who you know), or to give it away.

Are you asking about a voucher ?  You would probably need to go back to the retailer.  I'm m not sure if they would issue a refund.

@Markosbeyene wrote:

You cannot get a refund for the voucher already purchased. You can try the retailer but I doubt they would issue you a refund. Can you just not add it to your PM account to be used?

Markosbeyene

Markosbeyene

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope you get this sorted out. I think the best bet is to contact a moderator and explain the situation. Money is tight especially in times like this covid19 situation, and maybe they will reconsider a refund if there is no activity going on the account.

I will also be leaving the country soon and will have to disable autopay for a while to stop the charges from occurring.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@modurica 

You should have buy a topup voucher at that store to pay for your first month service. 

If you pay for your service by entering your credit card info, the activation form will enable autopay as a default.  It is the store lady's fault for not disabled the autopay and remove your account info after activation.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@modurica  If you know your PIN call 1-855-4PUBLIC enter your phone number and try too disable Auto-Pay. Worth a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modurica 

Yeah that IS complicated. I think your real beef is with the activating vendor. The thing is, Public Mobile went along renewing as per "your" instructions. But without proof, I don't know what the activating vendor would do for you either.

Yikes. That sucks.

But who knows, maybe someone will come through for you. If PM see exactly zero activity and even your SIM not connected to the network then maybe they might do something. But they certainly don't have to.

Good luck.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@modurica wrote:

Hello!

I'm in a bit of a complicated situation. So I'll just explain the whole story...

I live in France, and went back to visit my family in Nova Scotia in september so I bought a public mobile sim card for the month I was there. The lady at the store set the account up for me and activated my sim, and I told her I did not want the automatic top up, because I would be going back to france in just a few weeks... call me crazy, but I assumed she did as I asked. But I'm just finding out today (two months later) that my canadian account is still being chraged monthly for the service. I managed to cancel the auto payments through their automated phone number (because I cant make an online account now that I'm back in France, the sim doesnt work here to recieve the code).

So right now I'm at the total loss on how I can get two months of monthly payment back for a sim card I wasnt using...Not having an actual phone number to talk to someone is making this specific problem very frustrating.

Anyway, I hope something here can help! Thanks!

Public Mobile philosophy is no refunds. You cancelled your credit card from Autopay now, so there won't be any further debits to worry about, but you won't get refunded for the amount already debited. Sorry.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Please contact a Moderator to see if they can assist you.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page

Step 2: Type in “moderator” and submit by clicking the small green up arrow.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile is a prepaid service, therefore will not receive a refund on the months you were not using the phone.  By cancelling autopay this will stop any future charges to your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.