Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a new SIM card but still keep my old number

Sawhil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

@BigDaddy032974 

After you submit your ticket keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times but lately wait times have been averaging 1 hour.

Be prepared to answer up to 3 or 4  questions about your account so that the moderator can further ensure you are the account holder.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BigDaddy032974 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I broke my phone and before i could transfer my sim card to another phone i lost it then after purchasing another one and its been 10 frustrating days and no moderator has gotten back to me.  Did the link you were shown work

@BigDaddy032974 

To change your SIM card, please submit a ticket by clicking here

@BigDaddy032974 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I broke my phone and before i could transfer my sim card to another phone i lost it then after purchasing another one and its been 10 frustrating days and no moderator has gotten back to me.  Did the link you were shown work

@BigDaddy032974 

So you have a new SIM and phone, and want to transfer your number and account to the new SIM?

Submit another ticket to the Moderator asap. 10 days is too long without a response.

Submit ticket through SIMon Bot by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

1. TYPE "SIM card swap".
  2. Select "Contact US"
  3. Select "Submit a Ticket"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigDaddy032974 : Click the cartoon quote button lower right, type swap sim card, click contact us, click submit ticket (in blue).

BigDaddy032974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sawhil 

You can get a new SIM card in one of a few ways:

1. Click SHOP tab at top of page to order a new SIM card,
  2. go to a local Walmart or London Drugs and see if they will sell you a SIM card (without activating a plan if you already have one - or allow them to activate a new plan if that's what your looking to do),
  3. use the store locator to find a merchant who may carry Public Mobile SIM cards:     https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator
  4. online through www.canadiancellsupplies.com -OR- if you're in the Toronto area, they have storefronts at a couple locations where you can get one.

After you get the SIM card, follow @Spudster's  first provided link to begin the Activation process (or do so from top of page).

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sawhil 

If you're looking to move a number from another mobile service provider to Public Mobile, click on the link below for details on how to do this:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Below is some important information on the porting of numbers: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sawhil : Or do you mean transferring your old number from a different provider?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sawhil 

If you are simply changing phones, and have your existing Public Mobile SIM card then you should be able to remove the SIM from your old phone and insert it into the new phone.

SIM's come 3-in-1 sizes:

esjliv_0-1603577624495.png

If the new phone has a smaller SIM slot, gently snap out the outer parts to fit.

If the new phone has a larger SIM slot, obtain the outer adapters from someone or a cell shop (for free, as they likely throw them out anyway), to add to inner SIM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Sawhil ,

If you lost your current SIM card and want to swap the phone number onto a new SIM card you must have Moderators do the swapping of the number for you.

Two ways to reach them:

Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.

"Type SIM SWAP"
OR
Private message the moderators here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.