cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a mod to send my SN and/or IMEI to Rogers?

Houston61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I text them in?

9 REPLIES 9

@kb_mv wrote:

@Houston61 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I've got the numbers, I just have to get them to send them to Rogers to release my number.

@Houston61 As stated by others you don't need to give those numbers to Public Mobile so they can give them to Rogers. You provide the info directly to Rogers when you make the port request. If they have the correct info PM will release the number to them (after I believe they send you a quick text saying there is a request to port out your number....)

@Houston61 ^^^^ this one by @kb_mv .  If you are porting your number to Rogers, you provide your information to Rogers when you make the port request.  Rogers will ask the number you want to port and your old mobile provider.  Rogers will contact PM then.  ... but I could be wrong lol

Sorry to see you go.. it must be an excellent Rogers deal.  Best wishes!  👋

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Make sure your current phone number is active before porting out

@Houston61 

Give those numbers to rogers and rogers will make a formal request to pm to port your number to them

Edit: Wasn't it a lot easier to port your number to public mobile? Enjoy your new service. Be sure to carefully examine each billing statement for any errors that may occur,.

@Houston61 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I've got the numbers, I just have to get them to send them to Rogers to release my number.

@Houston61 As stated by others you don't need to give those numbers to Public Mobile so they can give them to Rogers. You provide the info directly to Rogers when you make the port request. If they have the correct info PM will release the number to them (after I believe they send you a quick text saying there is a request to port out your number....)

Houston61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@gpixel wrote:

@Houston61 you can dial *#06# and your phone will provide you with those numbers

Most carriers have always preferred that customers use account number for number porting.  Also, the IMEI of the current phone isn't always the same IMEI/device that was last used at the older carrier. 

@Houston61 you can dial *#06# and your phone will provide you with those numbers

*I agree, I was just simply answering the OPs request

@Houston61 

You don't get a Public Moderator to give the IMEI to Rogers.  You need to do that. You'll need to contact Rogers yourself.  Either way, as mentioned by @geopublic , you don't need the IMEI. Just use your Public Mobile account number.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Houston61  !f you want to port out then best to go into selfserve and write down your PM account number. It's located top right of your screen 

Give Rogers, the account number, name on the PM account and your PM number and you should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.