cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete this?

o0theresa0o
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Edited from original post:

Never mind - we figured it out.  But now I'd like to know how to delete my own post.

24 REPLIES 24

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@o0theresa0o 

you can not deleted but sure can edit it

IMG-2710.jpg

 hope that helps !!!!!!

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards*

@o0theresa0o 

Your expectations to have the ability to delete your posts are reasonable just not possible. If you've sorted out your sim cards fantastic. You might have thought you started a firestorm with your edited post but the community has just needed a little group therapy to talk it out about our "issues".

*  You may also want to check out the daily deals and promo codes released daily at midnight on public mobile sim cards and vouchers for future use. Welcome to the community!

@computergeek541 

Thank you for the logical explanation. I think members only want a reasonable explanation for the actions Oracle's take....sometimes in the past when threads were moved or split or whatever the lack of communication led to defiance and derision. Which then resulted in a lack of respect. If we have learned anything in the past month or so is the discussion of these incidents openly in the main forum (appropriately in discussions) will foster a better understanding of the role of an oracle and their motivations. It may not have felt like it on your end but we appreciate all the hard work and the commitment it takes to do this "job" and the responsibility that comes with it.

@Jb456 I won't be moving threads any longer. Some members are already aware that I've turned in my stripes.

In any event, there was never any mandatory requirement for Oracles to perform these tasks.  

I know that some members won't always agree with any decision made about a specific message or thread. That's likely going to be always the case whenever such a decision is made, but when Oracles make a decisions about this, it's because they think it's the right thing to do.

o0theresa0o
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's exactly what happened.

I was trying to order SIM cards and was getting an error.  Asked a question here about the error and then figured out the problem.  So, I went to delete the post but wasn't able to (which seems strange - why can't the post creator delete their own post?).  I assumed you must be able to and that I'm just a noob, so I edited the post to ask that question instead.  There was no ill-intent.

I think there's some utility to this post (i.e., it does answer a legit question), so it might be worth not deleting.  But, if there is some tier of posts where some get you 'points' and others don't (I don't know - I'm new here), I'd say it's not really a points-worthy discussion... lol.

@Naepalm wrote:

@darlicious what they said. 

That tag line will be forever an ongoing joke...lol

If it was only a joke, but sadly that gets rewarded here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Have we really come to this? The complete opposite of what's been happening pretty much my entire time on the community? I'm the last person to want to suggest a thread belongs in the lounge but this one is a pretty good example. It certainly shouldn't be in getting started.....discussions if not the lounge. Whats it going to take a large bravoing party? 

@Jb456  if you grab the red cape I'll usher out the big load of a..........bull and you can gesture with your cape.   OLE! OLE! OLE! OLE!   OLE! OLE!

Y'mean that's not already happening?

Yes it has come to this. There has been such an overwhelming pile of crap being dumped on the community for the last couple months that the Oracles can't possibly keep up. What can they do? They don't have mod power. The mods don't monitor content. They're volunteers with barely a stipend of recompense. I'm sure they just throw up their hands in exasperation and say f it.

Moved out of Getting started to Discussion

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious what they said. 

That tag line will be forever an ongoing joke...lol

Have we really come to this? The complete opposite of what's been happening pretty much my entire time on the community? I'm the last person to want to suggest a thread belongs in the lounge but this one is a pretty good example. It certainly shouldn't be in getting started.....discussions if not the lounge. Whats it going to take a large bravoing party? 

@Jb456  if you grab the red cape I'll usher out the big load of a..........bull and you can gesture with your cape.   OLE! OLE! OLE! OLE!   OLE! OLE!

Good grief.......Charlie Brown!

@ShawnC13 Correct. OP resolved original issue on his own. 

I see it as, OP resolved his own original question and edited entire post to what it is now.

To me it's a dead post now and should be thrown in lounge or hidden all together. Considering the recent threads of posts regarding ,"post for no reason, same reply as others hours later, etc,etc" just to build stats for Community rewards. 

Had OP edited the post differently. Like:

Title: resolved

Thread: resolved.

Then for sure the post would have been moved. 

Like I said people perceive posts differently. Same as sending a text to 5 people they will all read it differently and come to there own conclusion. 

So this one is a good example of this as I see it as a dead post that should be moved, you guys see it as no it should stay because the edited version is actually a question. So we can say this type of post is likely like some past posts "in the lounge no less" that some thought were funny and others were offended. (Talking about Cannon Folders memes)

Anyways. Nice sunny Sunday. Everyone head out and enjoy this weather 😃

@Jb456 wrote:

@benfatto 

OP had a legitimate question first in "getting started" section.

Then edited title to how to delete this. As well as editing his original post out to screenshot above.

Now two Oracle's who have the ability to move or hide posts commented on thread but did not move it to lounge....which it should have been.

It seems like the OP had figured out their initial question before there were replies and edited and before responses and the secondary topic is what people have replied to with on-topic discussion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Now two Oracle's who have the ability to move or hide posts commented on thread but did not move it to lounge....which it should have been.

I think it's a reasonable question. I wouldn't have thought it should be moved. The Oracles posting the same answer is the thrown towel of what has been going on here for too long.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@benfatto 

OP had a legitimate question first in "getting started" section.

Then edited title to how to delete this. As well as editing his original post out to screenshot above.

@benfatto 

Guess you did not read OPs post. 😝

Screenshot_20200503_112613.jpg

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 Seems a legitimate "how to" question from a new member. If the poster wants it hidden they could request it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

🤔with all the talk lately by Oracle's about useless threads why is the thread still in "getting started",? Two Oracle's replay but don't move the thread to lounge or hide it? 

I think towels have long since been thrown in. So what the hey...join the party.

🤔with all the talk lately by Oracle's about useless threads why is the thread still in "getting started",? Two Oracle's reply but don't move the thread to lounge or hide it? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Oracles can't delete posts.  We can move/hide them.

@Staliger wrote:

@o0theresa0o You can't, but I believe, Oracles or Moderators can do that here.

Oracles do not have the ability to delete a post in its entirety.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@o0theresa0o You can't, but I believe, Oracles or Moderators can do that here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@o0theresa0o  You can't delete posts you can only edit them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@o0theresa0o wrote:

Edited from original post:

Never mind - we figured it out.  But now I'd like to know how to delete my own post.

There's nothing we can do and those that can wouldn't bother. It'll just sink down into oblivion. Don't worry about it.

Edit: although...re-edit, change something, post, re-edit, change something, post. It might disappear on it's own.

Need Help? Let's chat.